Parking light ground - 71 swinger

-

C39

Reaction score
It's been a year now since i tore my 71 dart apart. It's on its way back together now. But, after a year, you kind of forget stuff. On the back of the parking light assembly there is a .250 tab that aparently grounds the parking light bulb. Is that true? If so, is there a separate lead that grounds the lamps? If so, where does that lead attach to ground?

Don't know if they are the same but my 68 Barracuda has a separate ground wire for each turn signal that goes from the tab to a small screw on the upper radiator support frame just on each side of the radiator (10-24 screws). The passenger side also had the headlight ground on the same point. Hope that helps.

On my 1970 Duster the parking lights have a similar set up.Keeping in mind that grill is plastic and the park lights is mounted to the grill.The lights need to be grounded in order to work.So you need to run a ground wire from that tab to radiator support area.That needs to be done to each park light.By doing that you complete the park light circuit.Hope that helps.

you can still see the outline of the ring where the grounds go

leftblinkerground.jpg

rightblinkerground.jpg

-
Back