Part number clarification

-

Boony405hp

Reaction score
I have a 5.7 from a 07 charger, I have a milodon pan and pickup to put on, I am aware that you have to change the main stud and nut. From reading the forums I have found the following part numbers:
Main stud from a truck: 6506333aa, the corresponding nut is 6502756.

I have ordered some gear through wholesalemopar.com in the past (I live in Australia) and found them easy to deal with and quick. I ordered the nut and received that however when I searched for the MAIN stud it didn't show anything up? Can anybody clarify where I could get this?

ALSO I have a set of non mds lifters to install but am I correct in saying that you can't leave the solenoids in even if disconnected - you need to replace with the truck style plugs/grommets? If so does anyone have a part number for these as I can't seem to find one...

cheers, Dave.

I believe you are correct about the MDS lifters. From what I understand (and correct me if I'm wrong) you can use the MDS lifters as long as you use the MDS solenoids (they don't have to be hooked up) but you can't use the MDS lifters without them, and can't use the solenoids with non-mds lifters.

I have swapped abunch of mds for non mds lifter in chargers and have never touched the noids. But the noids stayed plugged in and tey were turned off in the programming with diablo. It really depends on if they are normally open or normally closed. If they are normally open there would not be an issue leaving them in place as they would not block oil flow. But I'm not sure that they are normally open. So once yo know there normal state that will tell you if they need to be changed. Hope my half asleep rambelings made sense.

I believe they are normally open. That's what allows you to use the MDS lifters with a carb set up and no computer.

Well I have the non mds lifters etc to go in, just no plugs. Does anyone actually know their part #? Or is their a schematic for the 07 chargers that would tell you if they are normally open or closed.
I have a reflashed computer from a ram , had it done at hotwire auto. Seeing as ram's didn't have mds as long as the solenoids are normally open would all be sweet? or is it something that is done with the predator diablo?
Also where can I order this main stud from??

If anybody does need those rubber plugs to replace the solenoids I stumbled across the part number last night in a rebuild article
53032221AA

-
Back