Part of the reason that my '70 340 Duster may be disappearing!!

-

dstrtime

Reaction score
My wife just got a longarm quilting machine to take her quilting skills to another level!
She's just used this machine to "finish" my 50th U.S. Nationals quillow by adding flame stitching to it!!
Now all we have to to do is finish paying for it.
I'm truly tickled as to how the addition of the flames took it to another level of COOL and had to share it here (hope it's in the proper spot)!!
IMG_4144.jpeg
IMG_4145.jpeg
IMG_4146.jpeg
IMG_4158.jpeg
IMG_4159.jpeg
IMG_4160.jpeg
IMG_4161.jpeg

Keep your Duster and just make the payments on the machine. My wife is a quilter too, and gone to a quilt show right now! Her sister has a Handy Quilter? longarm machine that they both run the heck out of between the 2 of them. Does your wife's machine have the computer deal that makes it pretty much a CNC machine? Sister in laws is a free motion machine, but they have been buying these things called Groovy Boards. Basically boards with patterns routed into them to make the stitching consistent all over the quilt. A stylus follows the pattern on the boards and the machine stitches that pattern while the girls run the machine with the ape hangers....lol. She did a nice job on the one in the pics!

:thumbsup:

My wife just got a longarm quilting machine to take her quilting skills to another level!
She's just used this machine to "finish" my 50th U.S. Nationals quillow by adding flame stitching to it!!
Now all we have to to do is finish paying for it.
I'm truly tickled as to how the addition of the flames took it to another level of COOL and had to share it here (hope it's in the proper spot)!!View attachment 1716238292View attachment 1716238293View attachment 1716238294View attachment 1716238295View attachment 1716238296View attachment 1716238297View attachment 1716238298

Now that's a whole other level of cool!!

Keep your Duster and just make the payments on the machine. My wife is a quilter too, and gone to a quilt show right now! Her sister has a Handy Quilter? longarm machine that they both run the heck out of between the 2 of them. Does your wife's machine have the computer deal that makes it pretty much a CNC machine? Sister in laws is a free motion machine, but they have been buying these things called Groovy Boards. Basically boards with patterns routed into them to make the stitching consistent all over the quilt. A stylus follows the pattern on the boards and the machine stitches that pattern while the girls run the machine with the ape hangers....lol. She did a nice job on the one in the pics!

:thumbsup:
Thanks so very much on complimenting her on her work! It's an absolute pleasure to see her progression.

This stitching was done on this existing project by free motion to allow her to avoid issues as she worked around different parts of the quillow.

Her machine is a APQS "Freddie on a 12' table that has some computer assistance and a laser system. It's like when my wife attempts to listen to me babble about cars and I hear "parts is parts" for me to elaborate on details of her new pal!

This thing is a "hot rod" (??!) in her eyes and from the look on her face while she's "creating" it's probably like me going 0.00 R.T., dead on 0 and the W!!

Thanks again for the positive comment!!

women have their expensive hobbies too eh...? :)

theres nothing like good equipment I always tell my wife to get "the good stuff buy it once and never worry about it again..."

OLDIE 1:6.jpeg
OLDIE 2:6.jpeg
OLDIE 3:6.jpeg
OLDIE 4:6.jpeg
OLDIE 5:6.jpeg
OLDIE 6:6.jpeg
This is the quilt that she created for me 30+ years ago.
It's so much fun to take a peek at this treasure and stroll down memory lane!!
Quilts truly do tell a story.

-
Back