Status
Not open for further replies.

msaund69

Cold-Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Parting out a complete 1974 Plymouth Valiant, body and interior. Our research shows that 73-76 Valiant's and Dart's share the same front end sheet metal and is interchangeable between 2 and 4 doors. Parts show typical wear for a 39 year old car and would be great for a driver or base for restoration. Car was purchased as a driveline donor for a 69 Dart Swinger so no mechanicals are available, everything else is.
Example of what's available, please email with your questions:

Front fenders $120 pair
Hood $100
Trunk Lid $100
Tail Lights $75
Grille c/s signals $100
Headlight Bezels $50
Front / rear seats (torn) $100
Gauge Cluster $100
Glove Box Door $25
Cop car dog dish caps $150/4

Car is in Williamsburg Ontario Canada about 40 minutes south of Ottawa, and we would prefer local pickup as shipping is both difficult and expensive from The Great White North.

If your interested or want more/better photos please let me know.

Attachments

• front and grille (478x640).jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 718
  • front bumper (480x640).jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 696
  • full rite side (640x478).jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 772
  • hub cap (640x478).jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 729
  • rear (640x480).jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 737
  • rite front (480x640).jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 687
  • under hood (640x478).jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 689
that car is for sure not a 1974 the front clip is, but the rest of the car is a 69 or back the 74 would have long tailight in the back above the bumper

that car is for sure not a 1974 the front clip is, but the rest of the car is a 69 or back the 74 would have long tailight in the back above the bumper

Interesting... cant say I know my Valiant's very well. I will take have to do a bit of research. Perhaps its a Canadian car thing?

That is a 73 valiant last year for those taillights Valiants never had them mounted in the back bumper
And front grille is same for 73-74
The front sheetmetal is same as 1973-76 scamp and duster not darts at all.
Fender wheels openings are different and darts have a different hood with a beak but a 69 cuda hood is same as a 73-76 dart
4 door interior stuff and exterior trim is 4 door only except front seat parts and the top half of the back seat
Hope this helps you

Does it have the factory plastic wire holders? and the holders on the valve covers intact? If so what would you want for them shipped to 33594? Could you post a pic of them?
Wish you were closer i would get the radiator and shroud and catch can and front bumper as well but oh well shipping would suck

Interesting... cant say I know my Valiant's very well. I will take have to do a bit of research. Perhaps its a Canadian car thing?

The VIN on the car is VL41G3R181114. I believe that decodes it as:

Car Line Valiant
Price Class Low
Body Style 4 door sedan
Engine 318 2bbl
Year 1973
Assembly plant Windsor

However yep, looks like 1970 tail lights and a 74 front end. Perhaps it was stitched back together after an accident....?

The VIN on the car is VL41G3R181114. I believe that decodes it as:

Car Line Valiant
Price Class Low
Body Style 4 door sedan
Engine 318 2bbl
Year 1973
Assembly plant Windsor

However yep, looks like 1970 tail lights and a 74 front end. Perhaps it was stitched back together after an accident....?

No valiants used the 70 rear end till 73!
Read my previous post all the answers are in it

That is a 73 valiant last year for those taillights.
Valiants never had them mounted in the back bumper
And front grille is same for 73-74
The front sheetmetal is same as 1973-76 scamp and duster not darts at all.
Fender wheels openings are different and darts have a different hood with a beak but a 69 cuda hood is same as a 73-76 dart
4 door interior stuff and exterior trim is 4 door only except front seat parts and the top half of the back seat
Hope this helps you

Does it have the factory plastic wire holders? and the holders on the valve covers intact? If so what would you want for them shipped to 33594? Could you post a pic of them?
Wish you were closer i would get the radiator and shroud and catch can and front bumper as well but oh well shipping would suck

The rear taillight section in the rear is different, from between a 2 door vs a
4 door car. A 2 dr 70 Dart had the same basic taillight's as a 72-73 Valiant 2 door car. The 72 Valiant 4 door car we have here at the shop, look's exactly the same in the rear, as the one posted here. I hope this help's a little.

The rear taillight section in the rear is different, from between a 2 door vs a
4 door car. A 2 dr 70 Dart had the same basic taillight's as a 72-73 Valiant 2 door car. The 72 Valiant 4 door car we have here at the shop, look's exactly the same in the rear, as the one posted here. I hope this help's a little.

That is correct 70-73 4 DOOR Valiants used those tailights

I had asked you a few questions when you had the car on Kijiji where you advertised it as a 72 but you never got back to me, I had even decoded the vin from your picture of it in the ad and let you know it was a 73. Perhaps my email went to spam? In anycase the questions were: what rear end is in it and the other was does it have disk brakes?

edit....unless of course you bought it from the guy who was selling it on kijiji who never replied to me! lololol

Seeing that your parting it, would you consider selling the lower control arms with the pivots if they have the sway bar tabs? and if so how much?

No valiants used the 70 rear end till 73!
Read my previous post all the answers are in it
Sorry but as I mentioned at the start of the ad, "Car was purchased as a driveline donor for a 69 Dart Swinger so no mechanicals are available". The complete driveline, suspension etc is being kept. Basically selling body, interior glass, that sort of thing.

Thanks Mike.

I had asked you a few questions when you had the car on Kijiji where you advertised it as a 72 but you never got back to me, I had even decoded the vin from your picture of it in the ad and let you know it was a 73. Perhaps my email went to spam? In anycase the questions were: what rear end is in it and the other was does it have disk brakes?

edit....unless of course you bought it from the guy who was selling it on kijiji who never replied to me! lololol
Kernel Sanders, yep I'm the guy who who just bought it yesterday!

Sorry the complete engine/tranny and chassis is for my son's car. I like your screen name though! I grew up in Ottawa and because of my last name got called that all through school!

GONE! Thanks for the interest.

Parting out a complete 1974 Plymouth Valiant, body and interior. Our research shows that 73-76 Valiant's and Dart's share the same front end sheet metal and is interchangeable between 2 and 4 doors. Parts show typical wear for a 39 year old car and would be great for a driver or base for restoration. Car was purchased as a driveline donor for a 69 Dart Swinger so no mechanicals are available, everything else is.
Example of what's available, please email with your questions:

Front fenders $120 pair
Hood $100
Trunk Lid $100
Tail Lights $75
Grille c/s signals $100
Headlight Bezels $50
Front / rear seats (torn) $100
Gauge Cluster $100
Glove Box Door $25
Cop car dog dish caps $150/4

Car is in Williamsburg Ontario Canada about 40 minutes south of Ottawa, and we would prefer local pickup as shipping is both difficult and expensive from The Great White North.

If your interested or want more/better photos please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back