Parts! Bend over AND smile! short rant!

-
Sorry Mike, but if you don't think that politics has something to do with it, you as a moderator ( your politics) should understand that. Every word spoken here from page one, without saying it by word, is politics. Tip toeing on the fence is hiding. I will just move on, thanks guys!
Yes I agree, everything in this world is touched by politics but I don't need to go there right here. I am just amazed as HOW much profit there is in the over the counter parts business. Thats just LIFE! Yes I am glad ther are resto parts vendors, brick stores to go to for new (old) parts I don't want to order on line, and I also crave the old days when I could go to any number of boneyards, a few that had NOTHING BUT OLD cars!!!!!!!! I feel bad for the younger guy that can not really relate to th old days boneyard wise. Maybe the price I pay for being old!!!!! :poke: :BangHead: :rofl:

OK so we have had pretty bad inflation now for the last 2 1/2 years, but everytime I have to buy anything at the friggin "auto part store" now days, no matter whose name is on the door, IT is Rape! Crazy!
Yea I buy ALL I can at Rock or anywhere else but he local parts emporium!
Example: OK so its a Ford part, but does not matter what make. Example: 66 Ford starter relay. Rock is $8 plus some shipping.... the "other guy" is $30 local pickup. same part, same brand. ITS NUTS!!!!!!!!! :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :elmer:
My mama told me you gota shop around And its still very true today

It surprised me to see your Lancer pictured.

DSCN4309.JPG

I've been slowly buying parts for a 46re transmission, most via eBay and most "upgrade" parts like billet servos and such, and especially on eBay it's unbelievable how much prices vary among sellers of the exact same thing. Same brand, part number and all. I don't know how some of these idiots ever expect to sell anything when within 2-3 listings up or down someone has the same thing for sometimes 1/2 the price...

barbee6043, I would love to buy your Lancer. But I am in the same boat as you.
My mind and body just don't get along... :(

-
Back