Parts compatibility questions for 71 Scamp

-

FrozenCaveman

Reaction score
Does anyone know what year and model rear valances will match a 71 Scamp?

Same question for the air boxes?

Thanks a lot!

John

The air boxes I'm referring to are the two fresh air vents in the passenger compartment - plastic vents under the d/s-p/s dash with metal hinged doors on non-ac cars.

Thanks for the quick reply!

-John

Those air vents should be the same from 1967 thru 1976.

The air boxes I'm referring to are the two fresh air vents in the passenger compartment - plastic vents under the d/s-p/s dash with metal hinged doors on non-ac cars.

Thanks for the quick reply!

-John

O ok I got you. From what I have seen the driver side box is the same on all 67-76 A bodies. The pass side is molded in with the heater box There all about the same. I think 73 on up had some vacum operated stuff on them though. But any year 67-76 can be made to work.

Now that I think about it 72 and 73 scamps may have had the rear valence as well. If they got the tail lights in the bumper then the valence is the same.

Thanks, guys! I've been having trouble finding the rear valance. Sounds like the air boxes should be a lot easier to find.

Thanks, guys! I've been having trouble finding the rear valance. Sounds like the air boxes should be a lot easier to find.

Put up a post here in the parts wanted section. Some one will have one. Don't think they make metel ones new but AAR has fiberglass ones that are around 3 pounds lighter than stock ones. vent boxes will be ez to find. I have two pass sides and one driver side heater box with the vent on it if you want it. Don't know that shiping would be so cheep on the driver side one. Kind of heavy.

Where do you live? socal?

Put up a post here in the parts wanted section. Some one will have one. Don't think they make metel ones new but AAR has fiberglass ones that are around 3 pounds lighter than stock ones. vent boxes will be ez to find. I have two pass sides and one driver side heater box with the vent on it if you want it. Don't know that shiping would be so cheep on the driver side one. Kind of heavy.

Where do you live? socal?

I live near Sacramento. Is the d/s vent heavy or do you mean the p/s vent? I thought the d/s was just a plastic piece with that metal door. I haven't tried taking apart the p/s, but you mentioned it was connected to the heater box.

My car had a bunch of leaves in the cowl and water came in through those vents, rusting out the hinges. I thought about trying to restore the metal and put new rivets on it, but it just seems like a lot of work for parts that are still reasonably available.

That's good to know about the fiberglass piece. I tried Goodmark Industries for the sheet metal and they don't have a repro.

I live near Sacramento. Is the d/s vent heavy or do you mean the p/s vent? I thought the d/s was just a plastic piece with that metal door. I haven't tried taking apart the p/s, but you mentioned it was connected to the heater box.

My car had a bunch of leaves in the cowl and water came in through those vents, rusting out the hinges. I thought about trying to restore the metal and put new rivets on it, but it just seems like a lot of work for parts that are still reasonably available.

That's good to know about the fiberglass piece. I tried Goodmark Industries for the sheet metal and they don't have a repro.

Ya sorry it is the pass side that is heavy because of the heater box. It is one peice and made of fiberglass. But with the blower motor, and all the other parts it is kind of heavy. Around 10-15 pounds or so.

Ya sorry it is the pass side that is heavy because of the heater box. It is one peice and made of fiberglass. But with the blower motor, and all the other parts it is kind of heavy. Around 10-15 pounds or so.

Well I could really use the d/s more than the p/s, so maybe I'll hold off on the heavier one. How much do you want for the d/s incl shipping?

And I posted a reply somewhere regarding the fiberglass rear valance but it seems to have gotten lost in the ether. Is this the valance you were talking about?

http://www.aarqualityfiberglass.com/cart/product_info.php?cPath=26_27&products_id=169

Thanks,

John

Well I could really use the d/s more than the p/s, so maybe I'll hold off on the heavier one. How much do you want for the d/s incl shipping?

And I posted a reply somewhere regarding the fiberglass rear valance but it seems to have gotten lost in the ether. Is this the valance you were talking about?

http://www.aarqualityfiberglass.com/cart/product_info.php?cPath=26_27&products_id=169

Thanks,

John

Ya thats the one. May want to try small block firs though as he my want a little less than 200 bucks for a stock one.

Ya I will sell you the better one of the two.
How about 5 bucks plus shipping?
I will look into shipping for you tomorrow.

I have a 70 Duster, bought new. I learned the hard way about leaves getting in the cowl.
There are drain holes you can see when the hood is open. Wire and water/air will clean them.
Drain holes in the doors, rockers, trunk extensions.
Once a year, clean them.

By the time I got the car, it was unfortunately too late. But I ended up taking the d/s air box off and put a flexible shopvac hose up there to clean everything out. Pretty effective, but I still need to do the same on the p/s, which I guess is a bit more effort. I'll look for the drain holes...

-
Back