Parts for sunroof

-

Svein

Reaction score
Hi I`m looking for new rubber parts/gaskets to my 74 Hang 10 with sunroof/moonroof
Part is to the sunroof. I found Kellys sunroof parts at 53 Flowering Desert Dr
Laughlin NV 89029-0000USA

someone who know this guy ??????

Last edited:
I have heard of him before, good source for otherwise unobtanium sunroof parts.

Best of luck!

I think this is his new phone # (810) 265-0675

I also ordered the felt seals from Mr. Kelly an.d received them. Comparing with the original design, it looks like I need to obtain some new U-shaped plastic molding, sandwich the felt seal in-between, and then push this up into the panel edge. Does anyone know which brand and size of U-shape they used?
Thanks

I installed the Kellys sunroof seals on mine. Not sure what U shaped plastic moulding u are referring to? Post a picture might help. On the part that attaches to the moveable part, I reused the metal strip if thats what you are meaning.

Enclosed is a picture of the seals. The one on the right is the original which is a combination of the felt round tube seal molded to a U channel. The one in the middle is Kelly's round tube felt seal. The one on the left is the typical U channel molding which is probably too short in height as compared to the original. So I was thinking of purchasing some higher U channel molding and fit the felt seal in it and then both would fit up into the cartop edge.
Dart sport sunroof seal.JPG

Mine didnt have the u channel felt seal. I will take some pics of the new seals installed on my car later today. Maybe the u felt seal was added after?

Here are some pictures of my sunroof seals. One of the felts from Kelly's sunroofs attaches to the roof of the car. It is glued in place. The other seal attaches to the sunroof itself. This seal is on the rear part of the sunroof, towards the back of the car it is glued and riveted using a piece of metal from the original seal. Is the U Channel piece you're referring to the part that holds the headliner to the sunroof pan?

20170127_201943.jpg

20170127_202031.jpg

20170127_202051.jpg

20170127_202107.jpg

Thanks 340duster. Now I understand that the felt seal is glued to the existing U channel molding so that is what I will do. My U channel appears to be in acceptable condition for this. My U channel molding on the headliner is ok also.

-
Back