Parts Info help

-

Sully_PA

Reaction score
I'm picking up a 383 for my dart from a guy that might turn me on to junkyard that supposedly has a lot of old mopar cars as well as old cars in general .... I need to know what I can grab a rear off of that will bolt right up to my 76' dart and what may work with slight mods.....

I've done a few searches but it get's a little confusing ..... Will any A body rear work or only specific years ..... Also what year C's will with a little modding .....

I probably won't go over 400 hp with a build ...if not will a 8 1/4 be good enough ?

I also read a gremlin radiator might work for the BB.....

I'm hoping to grab a BB trans there if there is one ....

Anything else I should look for ?

If I were you, I'd hold out for the 8-3/4. Strong and allows easy gear changes. Get one from an A body if you can.

Don't overlook the B bodies from 1965-1970 (Belvedere, Satellite, Coronet, Charger, GTX, Road Runner). All you have to do is move the spring pads. You'll get the big bolt pattern. Saves a ton of $ not having to cut the housing and axles. You will have to find wheels with the correct offset. I did this on my '71 Swinger and used stock 15" steel Jeep wheels- with the NASCAR like slots. I think they look great. I'll get better wheels when funds allow.

IT needs to be from an a body if you want a direct bolt in but you can have any other housing cut down to a body width and buy axels

-
Back