-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suregrip391

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Oh Boy, Ill try my best to explain what I need. I'm not sure "exactly" what they are called so bear with me...LOL (these are for my 67 barracuda but may fit other applications?)

I have my dash apart and I found out that I need a replacement heater/AC switch (the one that the vacuum lines hook to) Mine has a couple broken off vacuum ports on the backside.

I also need the proper clip that holds my heater control cable down to that same switch plate. Mine is missing. (see pic)

I also need to get a hold of one of those lock washers that presses onto the "pin" (The pin is what you put the coiled up end of the heater control cable over, then the pressed on lock washer prevents it from popping off.

So this is what I need the (1) proper lock washer, (2) a heater control cable hold down clip, and (3) a new/used ac/heater switch for a 67 barracuda if you can help me?

I would like to get this all back together by next week if possible. Pics attached so you know what I am up against here. Hope that all makes sense? By the way, if I don't plan on using the A/C, will I still need a new switch will all the vacuum ports? I just plan to use the heat from time to time, no A/C. Can I get away using my old switch then? Thanks all.

ac 001.jpg

ac 003.jpg

You should be able to get those parts off any mopar of that vintage. The bowden cable clamp is the same as you will find on the "vents" from this vintage also-even Ford/GM. So check for these items in your local wrecking yard. Most of the vacuum(A/C) push button switches are going to be delicate because of age. You might get them new at a auto parts store that sells A/C parts.

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately I don't have access to any older vehicles to pull them off of though. So if anyone can help, please let me know, I would appreciate anything you can find for me.

A fellow board member sent me a picture of the clip needed and the lock washer on the pin...Ill try to upload it so you can see what I need.

Here is the picture of his setup, his is a non AC car, he has more then one cable going to his, I only have one cable on mine so only one clip needed and one holddown washer that goes over the pin so the cable dont pop off. Pic attached

Sliders.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back