Pass Mirror mounting template needed

-

demon34071

FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anyone out there have a template or some dimensions for mounting a passenger side painted sport mirror on a door that never came with one? I'd like to get it where it is suppose to be with out just eyeballing it. Any help is appreciated.

Don'd have a template but what I'd suggest is that you remove your driver side mirror (sport or non-sport), take some measurements, and transfer them to the passenger door. Drill pilot holes and then use a step drill to enlarge them as needed. Would also suggest some kid of backing plate on the inside of the door. The factory used a reinforcement plate. Wouldn't necessarily have to be spot welded to the door.

Attachments

• mirrorpilotholesimg.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 105
  • holesformirrorimg.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 128
Make your own. If you have the mirror your going to put on. Place it on a piece of cardboard or construction paper and trace around the base. Using a round pointed object poke holes where screws or bolts will go through. You tape that to where you want to mount mirror.

I think there's one in the back of the FSM (or in the mirror section).
You're supposed to cut it out and line it up with the curve on the door beside where the windshield is.
There is some controversy about whether the pass mirror was farther from the front of the door on cars with vent windows. The argument is that it was done for better visibility.
If you're not concerned with that particular issue, you could simply measure the driver's side mounting holes.

-
Back