pass mirror

-

sorewrist1

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm putting a pass mirror on a 71 swinger. I already drilled the hole the same distance as the drivers side relative to the front of the door. is that where it mount? It looks too far forward. Is this another 70's fit quirk? Thanks Jim

'71's have wing vents, so, you have to make sure you put them in a spot that doesn't interfere. On my bronze '71 GT with dual mirrors from the factory they appear to be in the same place, which is pretty far back, just behind the wing vent.
IMG_5048.JPG

IMG_5052.JPG

'71's have wing vents, so, you have to make sure you put them in a spot that doesn't interfere. On my bronze '71 GT with dual mirrors from the factory they appear to be in the same place, which is pretty far back, just behind the wing vent.
View attachment 1715015387
View attachment 1715015388
View attachment 1715015387
View attachment 1715015388
I guess it will stay there You just miss a little mirror cause of the window trac thanks for the fast reply Jim

I guess it will stay there You just miss a little mirror cause of the window trac thanks for the fast reply Jim

No problem! Yeah the factory mirror location, especially with the round mirrors, is pretty terrible. The sport mirrors on my Duster are a little better, but not much. They're farther forward though because there's no wing vents on the sport bodystyle.

-
Back