Pass Rear Drum - Premature lockup?

-

GoodysGotaCuda

Mr. Goody
Reaction score
Well the Duster I have is about gettin ready to go up for sale (moving cross country, can't take it with) and the passenger rear drum seems to want to prematurely lockup. Brakes have been bled, new manual front disc master cylinder, haven't messed with the rears really. Nothing looks out of place or anything, any suggestions?

Thanks

Do both the drums come off the same (same pulling pressure required)? How does the inside of the drum look compared to the other (smoother/rougher)?

Mikeb
I once had a 74 roadrunner that was always wearing the brake pads faster on one side , and would lock up after the car sat for awhile.Turned out to be a bent axle.
Joe

I had the same trouble, mine ended up to be an axle seal leaking on the shoe. You would think it would cause it to slip but it used to lock up with the slightest pressure.

Off chance - are the linings the same type material on each side ? How are the rear wheel cylinders - are the pistons free on each side ? Any chance the emergency brake is stuck on the side that locks up ?

-
Back