Passenger side cowl, need to block it off

-

kiss

Reaction score
I had to remove my heater box due to a leaking heater core. I forgot the last time I had this box out it was 12 years ago roughly and I did some quick-fixes. I need to spend time doing fiberglass repairs, painting the flappers, and adding new seals. In the meantime I need to drive the car.

I spent the past 30 mins searching this forum and didn't find anything. Does anyone have any ideas how to temporarily block off the passenger side cowl? There's nothing to mount anything to it seems so I'm scratching my head on this one.

IMG_20170820_161616.jpg

Don't want the air flow? I run my vent boxes wide open pretty much from May until September around here.

Um, I'd just duct tape it if that's all you want. It's not like it's high pressure or anything, and it doesn't need to be water tight (the originals aren't). Cut a piece of cardboard to fit the opening and then liberally apply duct tape to keep it in place. Will be fine unless you start to see some significant moisture.

Two pieces of plywood, one inside one out. A couple screws or a bolt in the center to clamp them together.

I cut a piece of plexi glass and screw it over the opening and siliconed it. Self taping screws

One piece of thin plywood a little larger than the opening, then two j-hooks hung down from the upper lip. rubber or cork gasket and be done.

-
Back