Passion 5 speed???

-

swinger340

Reaction score
Has anyone got there hands on one yet? Thinking about putting one in the swinger so I dont have to modify the floor and can run lower gears plus still cruise the highways.

This is a burning question for sure.

:happy1:

There's a very long thread here or on FBBO, which Jamie Passon responds to.

Originally Posted by Louie70Dart
Just got a response back from McLeod. Said project us still alive. I'm on cell now. When I can I'll copy/paste it here. My bet would still be on Passon and the A855.

Heres the message.

Yes the project is still alive, but there is no time table for a delivery date. If you’re in a time crunch within the next 6 months I would look elsewhere say like Tremec.

I know this is a very frustrating topic for many but believe me its more frustrating for us here at Mcleod. We are doing are very best to bring a quality product to the market at a fair value but will not be rushed due to demand. Please continue to check in from time to time with status and hopefully very soon we can make a sale.

Doesn't sound very inspiring now does it?

If they are telling potential customers that. I wouldn't waste the time or the money waiting for this
extremely over priced transmission that more than likely isn't coming at all.

good things come to those who wait. once that sucker is available, im buying it. dont care if i put it on a credit card or not. im getting one. :) LOL

good things come to those who wait. once that sucker is available, im buying it. dont care if i put it on a credit card or not. im getting one. :) LOL

YOU DA MAN!!!:prayer: Please post pic's when you get it and the install. Should be interesting! :burnout:

YOU DA MAN!!!:prayer: Please post pic's when you get it and the install. Should be interesting! :burnout:

itll be a while...im not even on the waiting list...theres a 300 plus long waiting list where people already put down a deposit. they get their trannys first. i dont do deposits. :)

To avoid any confusion, that response is from McLeod, another vendor of transmissions or parts. Totally different from Passon.

Quicker to drop a 6 speed in it ( t56 or tr6060, pick your poison) and be out enjoying your car.

FYI -- over in this thread -- http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=6330693&an=0&page=0&gonew=1#UNREAD

I know that I am going to regret this but here goes...
We have officially started production. There are several production units built. One has been shipped and it is in the car and functioning properly. '67 GTX. Yes, there was ZERO modification needed to put it in the car. Fact of the matter is that there is an AIRPORT around the trans. We are waiting on shifter rods. I managed to pull that set together for that car because the car was set to be in a photo shoot at the Mopar Nationals. I had to move heaven and earth accomplish this. This included HAND MAKING the shifter rods. So, as soon as I have rods, we will begin to ship. I expect this very soon. PLEASE understand that we are going to be building well into next year to get caught up. ALSO, let me be crystal clear. We need to keep the 4 speed shop going to pay for this project. So, we will build as quickly as possible. There is no set "build rate" per day.

Also, let me set the record straight. The gentleman that has the unit IS A MOPARTS member. So, my staff person wasn't BS'ing. I probably would have gotten a bit miffed too. You are basically calling the person a liar. Tends not to go over so well... I am not going to brow beat my customer into coming on here and giving a full report. If and when he is ready to do that, I'm sure he will. I do not feel right expecting customers to do this.

We are finally there. I appreciate everyone's patience so far and will continue to request it as we move forward with the project.
Jamie

I have kept up on the Moparts thread. It seems he has run into one problem after another with suppliers. Either the quality wasn't there, they couldn't handle the volume, etc. I imagine Jamie is damn frustrated that it's taken this long to get where he is. Let's face it, Passon Performance is not a HUGE operation with unlimited funds. PLUS, he wants everything built in the USA. He has to be applauded for his efforts to keep the project 100% Made in America. That means something nowadays. Sure he could have sourced off shore parts, but then there's be hundreds of "Passon's 5 speeds SUCKS" threads all over the internet. It's just kinda sad his fellow countryman can't or won't supply him with the quality he deserves.

-
Back