PATC overdrive kit

-

BWDart

Reaction score
Anyone running one of the PATC overdrive kits. They are for old cars with overdrive trans. It controls the OD and lockup.

well strange thing... on the site it says they have one for the 518's, you get the box it says 700R on it. you call and they say they dont make one for the 518.

Now, you can make it all work easy peezy, you just need two pressure switches, the vacuum switch, a relay and wiring.

once you get it tuned with the vacuum switch and correct pressure switches it works great!

I'm gonna call them and see why they advertise one but don't carry it. Thats wack!!!!
Thanks 805kid

I put one in my Shelby Dakota over a year ago when I took it off the computer. Mine was pretty much a bolt in thing. Works pretty good , I think a
whole lot better than a toggle switch.

What happens when you drive just at the 'critical' speed the switch activates?
Does it switch back and forth on and off or does it have some time delay built in?
The kit doesn't look like it has a time delay.

What happens when you drive just at the 'critical' speed the switch activates?
Does it switch back and forth on and off or does it have some time delay built in?
The kit doesn't look like it has a time delay.

the pressure switches are have to drop 5 psi below the on psi(mph) so those in conjunction with the vacuum switch and it wont cycle.

-
Back