Patiently waiting...

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
....until the fall. I have had a 2 CT guided Epidurals in my lumbar region. After having the second one I was pain free for the first time in 30+ years. Doc I am seeing said that they are confident that once I have my L4 to S1 vertebrae fused that should be the way I am. Said he does not see any reason, barring nothing else being torn up, that I will not be able to get off the Oxycontin & Oxycodone. I have been on opioids in one form or another since 2004.
Sadly the effectiveness of the epidurals is slowly fading....and the pain is starting to return. When I seen the doc the other day I asked about getting the second one done just prior to leaving for my trip to Seattle to shoot the Summit ET Finals. I may message her and ask about having them both done.

....until the fall. I have had a 2 CT guided Epidurals in my lumbar region. After having the second one I was pain free for the first time in 30+ years. Doc I am seeing said that they are confident that once I have my L4 to S1 vertebrae fused that should be the way I am. Said he does not see any reason, barring nothing else being torn up, that I will not be able to get off the Oxycontin & Oxycodone. I have been on opioids in one form or another since 2004.
Sadly the effectiveness of the epidurals is slowly fading....and the pain is starting to return. When I seen the doc the other day I asked about getting the second one done just prior to leaving for my trip to Seattle to shoot the Summit ET Finals. I may message her and ask about having them both done.

Best of Luck. I'm 2 years clean from kicking oxycodone cold turkey. I have some pain now but can get by with ibeprophen,killing my liver, but not counting the minutes until I can have my dose of Oxy is worth it It was consuming my life.

Best of Luck. I'm 2 years clean from kicking oxycodone cold turkey. I have some pain now but can get by with ibeprophen,killing my liver, but not counting the minutes until I can have my dose of Oxy is worth it It was consuming my life.

Talked with my primary care doc, he is the one that is prescribing the pain meds. Initially he said he wanted me to go to a detox center, but after I told him that will not work for me he did agree that he would be willing to work with me in helping me with getting off of the Oxys. Time will tell. Even if I could get the dosage cut in half I will be happy.

Talked with my primary care doc, he is the one that is prescribing the pain meds. Initially he said he wanted me to go to a detox center, but after I told him that will not work for me he did agree that he would be willing to work with me in helping me with getting off of the Oxys. Time will tell. Even if I could get the dosage cut in half I will be happy.

Good Luck.The Cold Turkey method was 3 days of Hell. Thank God I had My Wife by my side

I know how you feel, my back is a total mess, more wrong than good, for the past year or so the shots of any kind have stopped working, I'm on a 120Mg of Morphine, 20MG Oxycodone as needed a day and 400MG Gabapentin a day and as bad as I hurt now, I hate to think what I'd be like with out them, anyway my Doc did a trial with an Abbott Neuromodulation device, he ran a wire up my spine, under the skin and taped this box to my back, it sends a signal to my brain every time I feel pain and holy **** I haven't felt this good in 30 years. I'm scheduled to have the box and wire implanted in my back some time next month and can't wait. hopefully I can get off these pills or at least get them reduced and get back to living. I hope everything goes well with you. Oh and before I was on the Morphine I used the Fentanyl patch and coming off that was almost two weeks of living hell.

Jeff

-
Back