Patina Paint Job

-
View attachment 1715356179 Here is a "natural sorta patina" car. I have always done my routine of getting car on the road OR just a plain nut and bolt resto. I moved to Tx couple years ago, and have not done anything here too build any kind of shop, all just Tx. pine tree shade tree stuff, no compressor right now. !!!! Just right angle grinder, a small mig, and some flap discs, and long boards! Pictured is a 71 Duster original paint before I fixed some rust and various door dings and blems. I got it running/driving, and then I repaired the rust and dings, so it has OM patina and a mix or epoxy primer, with just some spray Rusteolum on that as a temp sealer. Looks like crap!! I care less what anyone thinks but me, but I drive it and enjoy it and don't worry about it, till I finish the body.

it all started when young guys low on funds built their cars with what they had or could find used.Back in the early days it was common to see a deuce hi boy in original faded black paint with body sections repaired and in primer but otherwise in good repair.
What little money they had was spent on the engine and drivetrain.They were modified and usually ran and drove great.
This was how it all started.

till trying to add pic! lol
it all started when young guys low on funds built their cars with what they had or could find used.Back in the early days it was common to see a deuce hi boy in original faded black paint with body sections repaired and in primer but otherwise in good repair.
What little money they had was spent on the engine and drivetrain.They were modified and usually ran and drove great.
This was how it all started.
I agree being an old fart! Yes driving down the road in something fast and cool was the first order of business!!

Too many people want a project to "take apart" and make their baby perfect, 15 years later it can still be a pile of parts! Then there is the guy that makes their baby perfect, either they did the work or paid it all done, then they never drive it for fear of a scratch on their investment, or take it to a car show, and decide screw this, and then they want a car to drive and enjoy and screwed there again!!!!
The old car hobby is many things to man people, maybe hotrodding is really the foundation of it all? Certainly is the history of it all.

LOVE his Cuda. One of these days I’m gonna drive my Duster down to Alabama for one of his No Shine **** List events.

Oh, and in light of what he said about not caring what happens to the car and not being pissed if it gets a door ding, I agree 100%. In fact, 2 weeks ago, I had my drivers rear wheel come off while I was driving. Mashed up my quarter panel pretty good. Does it suck? Sure does. Am I pissed? Nope, it’s ratty. If I’d had nice shiny paint on there I wouldn’t have been able to sleep that night.

View attachment 1715355698

View attachment 1715355700

I hope you make it to the race we have coming up October 19th. Same location we have used for the No Shine **** List, #JakesDragstrip in Moulton AL. This race is called #MoparVsBrandXstreetcarShowdown. Its a 1st Annual Startup however i expect it to be pretty large as far as Mopar Races go. Lots of RSVP cars on tap for both Mopar and BrandX stuff. Open invite to anyone. Ill post the video here when i finish it.

I hope you make it to the race we have coming up October 19th. Same location we have used for the No Shine **** List, #JakesDragstrip in Moulton AL. This race is called #MoparVsBrandXstreetcarShowdown. Its a 1st Annual Startup however i expect it to be pretty large as far as Mopar Races go. Lots of RSVP cars on tap for both Mopar and BrandX stuff. Open invite to anyone. Ill post the video here when i finish it.
That definitely gives me a goal to work toward! That might just have to be my first road trip in my Duster!

-
Back