Patriotic stripe idea on barracuda

-

dalerich

Reaction score
I have been kicking this idea around for a while, finally took a photo and did some Photoshop work to see how it may look. Kinda feels like it's ready to jump 20 buses at least. I was planing to stress it to make it look like it was done in the 70's.

Thoughts?

vbpgimage.php

The Snake and Mongoose cars had that stripe.....I think it looks cool!!!

Super Dave would approve too!

kinda looks like the rebel flag.
You'd probably get arrested and ostracized for having it on your car.

kidding of course- I like it:D

Yes do it.

I did the same...Australian racing colours, reverse of british racing green and gold that was on the Brabham F1's in the 60's..

Attachments

• 11169217_400198753506008_576729074107855679_n.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 177
Some of those early cars came with a similar stripe but offset to the driver's side......a kinda European road race theme. Might try that with photoshop just to see how it looks. I always kinda liked that look, myself.

Do it in vinyl. That way if you don't like it easy to remove. If you do like it paint it later

My worthless 2 cents

Reminds me of the confederate flag, and that offends me. Remove it!

Nah, I think it actually looks cool! If the car is going to be white, maybe leave the stars cutout?

Thanks for the comments, and chuckles. Now that it was mentioned, vinyl may be a way to go too. The current paint job is nothing special, so I was thinking of just taping and spraying. But then it's a done deal. I will start looking for a local vinyl shop to see what it may cost. I want to add some numbers to the door with a circle background too like in MPH's photo. I will play with an offset version too. In looking up Mongoose and Snake, I see there is a movie about them from a few years ago. I feel ashamed I just found out.

-
Back