Payment for selling parts question

-

wjaholic

My car stole my wallet!
Reaction score
I have some interior parts that I am thinking about listing for sale here.

I was wondering what is the best method for accepting payment?

:newb:

PayPal is nice, have the buyer chose the gift option and there are no fees, smooth and easy.

i myself, always send out straight up cash in a piece of paper stuffed in an envelope. no checks,no paypal, no money orders to deal with. i have sent out hundreds of dollars and also recieved hundreds, i have never had an issue. you being the seller, you are going to need the money up front, its kind of a mutual decision with you and the buyer.

I have performed hundreds of transactions. Here are the best methods of recieveing payments that I have found.

1. Paypal (dont advise sending it as a gift. Pay or have the receiver pay the small amount)

2. Postal money order. Easy to get at the post office and easy to cash at banks.

Rule of thumb if you deal in cash... you will get burned sooner or later.
What if the cash gets "lost in the mail" who trusts who? Well I sent the cash/ Well I never recievced it. >BOOM< all kinds of problems start.
Dealing in cash is really not adviseable unless you or the reciever are willing to take the hit when the cash disappears.

My advice.... use one of the two methods of paying or recieving payment.
For the most part...no real problems over payment in over 200 online transactions.

Just my thoughts... do as you wish.

-RPM

Rule of thumb if you deal in cash... you will get burned sooner or later.
What if the cash gets "lost in the mail" who trusts who? Well I sent the cash/ Well I never recievced it. >BOOM< all kinds of problems start.
Dealing in cash is really not adviseable unless you or the reciever are willing to take the hit when the cash disappears.

definately a risk you take. and to be honest , i have expected that to happen to me , but so far so good, communication is a great thing to have when dealing with someone. i would hate to have my name smeared all over every forum and site because of a bad deal. i really scrutinize those i deal with. anything can happen regardless of how these deals are done. it is always risky. if someone takes my money, i guess im SOL. 100% of everyone that i have done business on FABO with have been great, honest and trustworthy people. it only takes that 1 person to make it ugly.

-
Back