PayPal Scam?

-
Another easy way (if you know what to look for) to spot them, is they use slightly off wording that can be missed or overlooked. Like the "Shipping Company" bit (never the actual name, for example, UPS or FedEx, or any of the thousands of Freight companies that would handle something big like a piano)

They tend to use the "British" alternates for words too (This only applies to those in the US, I believe our northern friends up in Canada tend to use the "british" wording), such as Colour instead of Color, Cheque instead of Check.

Or the (for craigslist listings) "Do you still have the item?" Item, WTF? I'm selling a Cheby Bellhousing, not an "Item". Who would respond to an ad and say "Item" instead of what you have for sale (Bellhousing for example). There are some that use word-for-word the exact title of your listing for the "Subject" line of the email too. Like say for example "1987-1992 Dodge D50 Fenders" (this was one I had listed a while back on craplist.)

I got emails like "Do you still have the item?" and "I am interested in your 1987-1992 Dodge D50 Fenders." with the exact title of my listing as the subject. Kinda funny don't you think, when I had 2 sets of Fenders for sale in that listing. One stock set, and one set that had been trimmed/modified for larger tires and had 3" flares installed on them. No mention of which set the "buyers" were interested in

I would love to be able to turn the scam around and clean them out !My luck though I would be the one who went to jail for it!

As someone said before if you have to make any changes or mods to Paypal always and I repeat always make any necessary changes through Paypal itself not an email that will supposedly link you to Paypal.

As someone said before if you have to make any changes or mods to Paypal always and I repeat always make any necessary changes through Paypal itself not an email that will supposedly link you to Paypal.

Exactly. Check out the URL before you give any information. The one I posted is a .UK in the address. Straight out Internet Thugs from the Hood!

-
Back