PCM connector: how to remove wires from connector?

-

dartslantsix

Reaction score
Still plunking away on my project. Currently cleaning up the wiring. How are the wires removed from the PCM connector? I've seen special tools, but the description is vague on what years use the specific tool.

This is for a 94 PCM OBD1.

Thanks!

-Dave

there is a small piece of plastic that slides to side, unlocking connector(not all OBD I plugs have lock) then you insert the special tool which unlocks each pin individually.On OBD II its a light blue lock tab, OBD I is typically black but not always. tool is under $20 on Amazon and looks like a very small metal drinking straw with part of the side cut open stuck in a screwdriver handle. I have one that is in a triangle shape, three separate sizes for different gauge wires. Search Delphi connector tools.

Just noticed your from K Falls....small world. Our shop is about 10 miles West of GP on 199. Wide spot in road called Wilderville.

Is your avitar pic from Sportsman park in Central Point?

Yeah, that's the drag strip in Medford with my old Dart.
I actually grew up in the Applegate valley, not too far from Grants Pass. Passed through Wilderville many times on the way to the coast.

Regarding the pins, I found this:
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/k...ms:Converting-Turbo-I-to-Turbo-II-Electronics

Looks like I might be able to pull the wires out the front of the plug. If that doesn't work I'll try to find one of the tools you mentioned.

-
Back