Pearsonville Wrecking Yard (MOPARS) & others

-

GT340

Original Owner
Reaction score
Here's a post from another forum that will be of interest to some people here.

Due to scrap steel prices going up, Pearsonville Wrecking Yard (Hwy 396 Eastern Sierra's) is going to start crushing cars next month!

Pics are here

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=64chrysler300&x=25&y=12

Phone numbers: 760 446-6568 ask for "DJ" (weekdays)
760 377-4585 open Tue & Thur (Call first)

so that is what a california junk yard looks like. man i wish that the ones around here were that clean and clear to work in. what a waste of good cars to be chrushed! :wack:

Boy would I like to have the floor and trunk pans out of a couple of those late 60's C bodies. Man, what a shame, so far away. :wack:

Hey GT340. Thanks for the cross post! I shot those pics and live about 20 minutes from that yard. Call the yard or PM me if you want detail pics of anything in particular. Hopefully, I'll be over there this Tuesday (2/13/07) snapping more pics for some of the Moparts guys (and the C-Body drydockers too)

Ontos said:
Hey GT340. Thanks for the cross post! I shot those pics and live about 20 minutes from that yard. Call the yard or PM me if you want detail pics of anything in particular. Hopefully, I'll be over there this Tuesday (2/13/07) snapping more pics for some of the Moparts guys (and the C-Body drydockers too)

Thanks you for posting it. I'm hoping that some of the cars/parts are saved and it was great that you gave the warning. I may have to drive up there in a week or so. What happened to the mid 60 Barracuda that could be seen from 395. I drive by there all the time and have never stopped, but have told people about it.

I still can't believe that they're going to crush all the cars. Its a big loss to all car restorers.

I looked, much like you look at a dead body one last time before you walk away, knowing you'll never see that person again. I should post pictures of the rusting, stripped down hulks you find here in Canada that we hang onto for dear life because that's all we've got! I can't believe you guys in California....

65s said:
I can't believe you guys in California....

Yeah, we have it rough down here, we get to drive our Mopars all year! I bought my '72 Duster 340 new in '72 (without undercoating) and still no rust.

Its been in the middle to high 60's all week and will warm up to 78 on Friday.

Well Pearsons IS selling stuff....and a lot of rust free western parts are migrating back east and up north. When I was traveling to San Diego regularly, 3-4 times a month I'd see a big rig or privateer heading east with a load of sheet metal (usually GM or Ford stuff). Sombody's buying it all AND their paying through the nose for it too! That's probably why these yards out here feel justified in charging what they do.....sombody will pay for it.

Spent a few hours out there today and shot some more pics. Found a '69 WSS Dart hiding behind a pile of scrapped motorhomes and a Valiant front clip. Lots of A-bodys out there....even a few 2 drs!

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=64chrysler300&x=17&y=10 "pearsons 3" is the latest.

WSS Dart.jpg

Amphicar? or do you mean the Sunbeam Alpine....or that goofy Renault. No Amphicars out there that I saw...

GT340, that '66 Barracuda that was up on the transporter is for sale whole...$2000 gets it. It suposedly ran when they brought it in. Pics of it are in one of these albums.

The ph# to the yard is 760-446-6583. Ask for DJ and tell him Rob sent you

Sad, If I had a couple of Car Haulers, I would get some of those, drive to Detroit and sell them for 10x what I paid.

I saw the 1969 Dart Custom green 2 door. I have been looking for "custom" trim. Especially the right front fender trim. The right front trim is trashed on this vehicle but long story short this yard is awesome. I enjoyed the pictures. We in the "rust belt" have nothing left.

"custom" trim is is one year only. it is the trim half way up that is silver from the front fender until past the door and then it gets wider with a black insert.

See "my garage" photos

Do you mean the GT trim that goes along the beltline and over the wheels? If so I have some I am pulling off.

000_0025.jpg

000_0025.jpg

-
Back