Pedal Help -

-

Cazbah362

Reaction score
OK folks, need some insight. Installed 340 pedals on my 70 Duster. When I push in the clutch and the brake, the brake binds and has difficulty returning without foot assistance. Once I let off the clutch, the pedal returns fine. Both pedals work fine independently. What I noticed is the clutch looks like it is walking out. I do not have a spring on the clutch side, it was removed. I felt up around the opposite side and noticed there is no C clip on the bar holding the brake and clutch pedal, so I would assume this is why it is walking off.

Questions: Ideas on why this would bind?

and

Where can I get a C clip or what size would I need?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-02-09 at 9.48.54 PM.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 198
C clips can be bought at any fastener distributor. I think that it is 3/8"

As for the binding take it apart and lubricate it and replace the plastic bushings.

Sometimes the firewall can flex. With performance pressure plates, I always use a tubular brace from the brake cylinder area to the drivers side inner fender in order to always achieve full pedal action.

Thanks guys, found the C clip at Napa, helped a little. Sprayed some lubricant on it, fixed a little more. Binds a little, but I think once I start using it more, should possibly work its way out.

-
Back