Pedal Link Length - A Body vs B Body - Are they the Same Length?

-

mydart270

myDart270
Reaction score
Greetings A Body Folks:

Are the pedal links from an A-Body booster the same in length for a B-Body Booster.? I think my A-Body Booster pedal link is wrong in length. I cannot set the brake pedal to 1 in of travel before the brake lights come on. My car is an A-Body 1968 Dodge Dart 270 SL-6 2 DR HT. However, I do have access to a B-Body pedal link and was going to swap if they are interchangeable (unfortunately, a headache to remove and install).

Also noticed the brake light switch is way too forward and bolted with an Allen type Fastner. MOPAR never used Allen bolts (I think). Pink and White wires were also swapped so someone goofed this up plus compensated or used wrong Power Booster pedal link.

Thx guys and gals. Love my Dart and MOPAR.

Do you have pics of the brake light assembly? It's easier to answer a question with a visual perspective. As far as a B body pushrod length being the same, I don't know. The brake light on my car comes on fairly fast after pushing the pedal but you want it to.

The 66-70 B body booster uses a reduction linkage under the dash like this:

BOO 15 A.JPG

This pushrod attaches to the brake pedal arm:

BOO 31.jpeg

The 67-72 A body uses a different design. The 73-76 A body uses a setup like this:

IMG_E2301.JPG

It uses a standoff bracket to place the assembly away from the firewall to make room for the reduction linkage.

22 3 S.JPG

This is a 66-70 B setup:

PST booster.jpg

They are very different.
Now, the manual brake pushrods from A and B body appear to be very similar.

The 66-70 B body booster uses a reduction linkage under the dash like this:

View attachment 1716135009

This pushrod attaches to the brake pedal arm:

View attachment 1716135010

The 67-72 A body uses a different design. The 73-76 A body uses a setup like this:

View attachment 1716135011

It uses a standoff bracket to place the assembly away from the firewall to make room for the reduction linkage.

View attachment 1716135013

This is a 66-70 B setup:

View attachment 1716135012

They are very different.
Now, the manual brake pushrods from A and B body appear to be very similar.
What a pain that would be to change...I'll stick with my A body lol

-
Back