People getting defensive at car shows!

-
Those same Dickheads are the very ones to say most Young'uns are too lazy to be bothered with "real" hotrods, can't understand why the hobby isn't as strong as it was even 15yrs ago, then re-join their "Uppity Club" buddies, laughing at/complaining about the New Kid. It's up to Us to encourage & set a better example to the next generations......

I agree. My dad belongs to a small local club with maybe 20 or so members, at 68 I'm pretty sure he's the youngest member by a fair margin. I would have joined years ago with him but I never had a car "old enough" to join, only cars allowed are 1972 and older. My Dad's '72 Runner is by far the newest car there, they all seem to have '40s and '50s Lead sleds/ tri-fives/ custom rods etc with '80s flashy paint jobs. =) Thats cool, thats what they like from their younger days, but you're not going to get newer younger members (the next generation of car guys) with such strict rules. Maybe allow cars 30+ years old on a rolling basis? that would at least allow '80s cars. I dunno but clubs need fresh blood.

No offense meant to anyone with newer cars, but that's one thing I detest at car shows....even though we don't go anymore. What the HELL does a brand new Challenger have any business winning best of show? When there are guys who've built their cars from the ground up scraping money up, searching for hard to find parts for their vintage cars, only to be won out by something somebody just bought new? It's bullshit and it's unfair. I like some of the new stuff, but it's bullshit to have them judged in the same class as something somebody "BUILT".

I agree its kinda weird going to a car show and it seems like half the cars are either new Corvettes or new Challengers. Why would I want to bring something to a cruise night where I know there will easily be a dozen just like it?
Whenever i go to cruise nights (at least around here) there'll be maaaaaybe 1 other A-body there :)

I agree its kinda weird going to a car show and it seems like half the cars are either new Corvettes or new Challengers. Why would I want to bring something to a cruise night where I know there will easily be a dozen just like it?
Whenever i go to cruise nights (at least around here) there'll be maaaaaybe 1 other A-body there :)
That's the part I like! I like that I am a small minority in the car world. Almost without fail when we take Vixen to town, somebody asks "what's that?" They don't even know it's a Plymouth, much less a 64 Valiant. I like that.

That's the part I like! I like that I am a small minority in the car world. Almost without fail when we take Vixen to town, somebody asks "what's that?" They don't even know it's a Plymouth, much less a 64 Valiant. I like that.

Totally agree with ya. I like going to certain cruise nights and small car gatherings around here. I think I've seen one other Dart recently, but the last time I've seen another Slant 6 in the flesh was Fathers Day 2020 (I think).
I think it makes my dad a little crazy when I park my "meek" Swinger next to his "loud" Limelight 440 RoadRunner, and people automatically point and look at the Slant and are like "My great-aunt Gladys had one of those! Ya cant kill those things!" :D:D:D

Well ya young folks have to remember there was a time when ya had to have a bad azz car...it was every guys dream in High school, the only alternative to that was taking a 307 nova or slanty duster and putting nice wheels on it...but the smogger307 or / 6 car had to have nice paint, you could only have a ratty primer bucket if it had a good drivetrain...:)

"Dusterdawg" and I were at a show. We walked straight down the row to get a slice of Pizza. On the way back. Mike said "Who's in your trunk?" There was a guy laying in my trunk looking at the vin next to the speaker hole. By the time I got back from when we saw him he got out and ran. The girl parked next to me heard them talking. They were there at first looking at the Data plate. Maybe they were looking for a stolen car. There wasn't a matching number on the orange Duster anyway. He did scratch my tail stripe.

Some people have no respect and some are just up to no good. After that I would put a magnetic sticker over the vin and tape the Data plate off . Trunk was never left open again. I would lock and close the hood if I was walking away from the car

"Dusterdawg" and I were at a show. We walked straight down the row to get a slice of Pizza. On the way back. Mike said "Who's in your trunk?" There was a guy laying in my trunk looking at the vin next to the speaker hole. By the time I got back from when we saw him he got out and ran. The girl parked next to me heard them talking. They were there at first looking at the Data plate. Maybe they were looking for a stolen car. There wasn't a matching number on the orange Duster anyway. He did scratch my tail stripe.

Some people have no respect and some are just up to no good. After that I would put a magnetic sticker over the vin and tape the Data plate off . Trunk was never left open again. I would lock and close the hood if I was walking away from the car
WOW!! :mad: What in the &^^% are some people thinking? Unbelievable. :realcrazy:

-
Back