People to People

-

grumpuscreature

Resident Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Anybody ever hear of an outfit called People to People International? Supposedly started in 1956 by President Eisenhower. My youngest son, Luke, has been invited to attend a World Leadership Forum in Washington, D.C. for a week this summer. Just wondering if they are legit enough for me to sell everything I absolutely don't need to stay alive, to pay for the trip. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks. :dontknow:

I got one of these a while back and I was a hardcore slacker in school. Eh, in my and my parents opinions, it wasnt worth it. Too much money for almost no reward

I don't know a thing about it Grumpus, But I will see if I can dig some info up about it.

Tons of people get stuff like that every year to attend stuff like that in the summer. I wouldnt do it not worth the money

I have to agree with flmopars on this one. This was started by Eisenhower and might be a good program but your money would be better served being invested in a college fund.

My oldest child just received something just like that.....it's a way for scamers err legitimate businesses to make a little extra coin off the backs of unsuspecting parents if you ask me.

Sure looked official and made me feel proud of her until I heard that everyone in her class got one. (I'm still proud of her though)

We are PASSING on this one.

I'll buy her a bike or boots instead and save about a grand.

Mop

My son got an invitation to that probably 7 or 8 years ago......we thought about it and then passed......

I'm not positive that it's the same thing, but I think it was......only a handful of kids got that invitation if I remember correctly.

Go to Disneyland or take a family vacation. Time with your son at this age is priceless. Maybe a father/son vacation to D.C.

John D. Beckerley

I just won a free vacation and all I have to do is call this 900 number to claim it! hehe

-
Back