People who want to know a lot about cars,

-
Talked to a guy a couple days ago who said that chevy made a 225 slant six because there was one in his 78 4 door nova. It was a 250 inline 6.

You can make an edelbrock or carter carb dual feed. Just have to drill out the otherside of the carb. It works and no bowls to leak

I hate to break it to you, but "double pumper" refers to the fact that there are two accelerator pumps. You're thinking of "dual feed".

I had a freind come over from the coast this week end . First time he had seen my car finished. He was oooing and awing over it and then he said ,whats it got in it?. I said 354 Hemi , he said O do you flip a switch or something? I said no hemi is an engine , I poped the hood ,he looks at ,then looks at me and says V-8 ? :banghead:

my favorite is the 3/4 race cam. have a guy i work with that has a 350 "roller motor" i was screwing with him and asked him if it had mechanical flat tappets and he says " ya its a full roller motor" he is such a dumb ***. he just got a re-manufactured engine from the local auto parts store and now he thinks he has a full on race engine.

i had a guy come up to me at a gas station and told me i had a nice duster and i said nicely, no its a demon he looked at me funny and said i no mopar pretty well are you sure. then i should him the tail lights then the demon tag on the door. still didnt really believe me. atleast he didnt call it a nova.

had a another guy call my car a mustang 2.............. REALLY

My 73 Dart Swinger has been called a Pontiac and a Chevelle SS both in the same gas station within 60 seconds of each other.

I have people ask me all the time what engine is in my car. When I tell them it's a 273 a pretty standard response is somethiing like, "oh i fgured it would have a V-8 in it....."

And then almost everyone who looks at one of my cars has a relative who had or has a Hemi car., ordered special from the factory of course!

This reminds me of the other day at work.
My brother stopped by in his 2003 SS Silverado which has a few mods under the hood. Has long tube headers, full exhaust, and has a nice cam in it.
This guy comes out to see his truck and yells out "That thing got a Hemi in it?".
And he was serious lol. It was pretty funny.

Oh yeah, people calling my dart a mustang, and once a chevelle. you know, just because you know car names doesn't mean you should start throwing them out there. everybody knows those names, they aren't impressing anybody.

My Dart has been called a nova, there's also a guy that has told me several times i need to "put me a big chevy 350 in it"
here's the correct follow-up after someone says you should stick a 350 in something:

"do you have a butthole?"
"...yeah..."
"well, you should stick your 350 in that."

It hurts to see chevy engines on mopars. Like the other day, saw a convertable 37 plymouth. Yep, chevy 350. they were lucky I didn't see them to tell them what I thought.

had a guy tell me he had a 67 fast back mustang he'd take 500 for, so I went ahead and went for a look. 65 notch back. wow. and rust holes big enough to crawl through. haha, "No thanks"

Some people only have barely enough capacity to identify a few chevy body styles.

If the see something they can't identify, it MUST be a pontiac.

Sad, but true.

I was trying to help a girl with an oil change. She told me her dad taught her how to do it when she was young and that she wanted to impress me. she drained it and took the filter off then went ahead and put a funnel in the dipstick hole and began pouring it quart after quart and would not let me tell her that it was all pouring out of the filter hole. Her dad was excited to see his new drive way coated when he got home.

I have been told that ALL 70 340 dart HAVE TO HAVE flat black hoods, all 340 are painted orange, all 4 speeds have pistol grip shifters and six packs were available from the factory on the Dart and many more.

My friend and I were lowering a 400 into his 1988 ram from a beam in the garage. A guy we didn't know very well comes in(somebody Else's garage). He says hey guys what you doing is that a 350? We just looked at each other and laughed. Ya a 350 with the distributor at the front being lowered into a dodge truck. good one.

My personal favorite was a conversation with yet another chevy guy. I was actually talking to a buddy who worked in a parts store. This chev guy joined in the conversation and heard me talking about my Duster, which at the time ran 11.40's, 11.50's in the 1/4. He proceeded to tell me he could tow me down the track and run that fast. I'm sure I smirked when he said that. I asked him what he had. He said chev pickup with a 350 horse 350. The truck would have been early to mid 70's if memory serves correct and apparently it was factory stock. The younger me probably busted into laughter and tried to set up a race, but of course it never materialized.
I use to drive a 79 pontiac grand prix when my Charger was down and out, (plus it was a freebie), and I got pulled over one time because the cop identified the car as one of the other versions that every gm entity had to produce, even though it was clearly badged as a pontiac. He was pretty cool, even though my buddy and I both looked at him like he had an arm growing out of his arse when he asked my why my chev or whichever he thought it was, was carrying a plate registered to a pontiac grand prix. "Well officer, because this is a pontiac grand prix." Needless to say, after showing him a few things on the car, he let me go.

had an older guy ask me if i had a 302 in my duster the other day i was nice and just said nope 360. that was about the end of it tell his wife came out the other side of the car and says see i told you it was a chevy. lmfao my car has the 360 right on the side and since it has the wrong grill (73 on a 72 body not my doing) it says Plymouth right across the top of it lol and yet still some people.

It hurts to see chevy engines on mopars. Like the other day, saw a convertable 37 plymouth. Yep, chevy 350. they were lucky I didn't see them to tell them what I thought.

Ruined a sweet ride...I have a 318 in my '41 Dodge truck and some idiot asked me about the sbc in it. I told him I'd rather crush it than put that junk in there.

-
Back