Performance online disc brake conversion kit

-
In action
Slicker than a 3 balled tomcat

BBD615C3-3A3F-4F69-8D4B-40C55C4EB73C.jpeg

Well I would agree but I emailed Cass and told him exactly what I had and asked him is there anything I need to know/do/buy in order for this to work on my car and he said nothing. Never even replied like I was bothering him with stupid questions even though I'm a masTer tech for 26 years

Don't know what to tell you. Cass is one of the best in the business, but no one is perfect. My post earlier in this thread should have made it REALLY clear that if you re-used the brake lines intended for a distribution block with the later combination valve you'd have to bend some lines. Which is why I suggested new lines, because the old ones can't always be bent without damaging them.

Nice work on boxing the LCA!

I assume those are still the "too long" strut rods?

Really nice craftsmanship!

I've never needed a tool like that though. Bought one before I knew better and sold it later. You can just use the LCA to push the bars back if they're stuck. And if they're really stuck you'll need more grip than the tool will give you. Once new bars are installed with a little grease no tool should be needed at all, they slide out pretty easily as long as they're fully unloaded.

Don't know what to tell you. Cass is one of the best in the business, but no one is perfect. My post earlier in this thread should have made it REALLY clear that if you re-used the brake lines intended for a distribution block with the later combination valve you'd have to bend some lines. Which is why I suggested new lines, because the old ones can't always be bent without damaging them.

Nice work on boxing the LCA!

I assume those are still the "too long" strut rods?

Really nice craftsmanship!

I've never needed a tool like that though. Bought one before I knew better and sold it later. You can just use the LCA to push the bars back if they're stuck. And if they're really stuck you'll need more grip than the tool will give you. Once new bars are installed with a little grease no tool should be needed at all, they slide out pretty easily as long as they're fully unloaded.

Thank you sir for your help and kind words. I just got the new shorter strut rods today and installed them and much much better now. These are the stock factory 51 year old torsion bars. The passenger side came out and in pretty easily. The drivers side fought me so that was the reason i made the tool. It really made it much easier. I didnt like the shocks that were on the car so I am getting some double adjustable QA1's tomorrow and then alignment and then its on the road.

I got in a jam and took one of these from my son's BMX parts and removed the chrome shaft and got it off.
41+JRi1a5RL._AC_.jpg

-
Back