Performance Tire for 15" Wheel?

-
I look for any radial tire with a squared edge. The BFG T/As were notorious for wearing prematurely on the corners of the tread, because there really was no corner. They are rounded on the edges.

It sounds to me like what you need to do is go old school. Get a set of four tires for street driving and a pair of rear tires for the strip.

Michelin got a bad rap a while back, because the French made tires were separating. You needed to look for the ones made in South Carolina. Now I think all that is cleared up. I never cared for Michelin anyway. It's not like you are driving a Mercedes or Cadillac.

Goodyear makes a decent tire. Goodrich does too, but as I said, be aware of their rounded edges. They will wear quickly and once they have worn so far, there is no turning back. I have Cooper Cobras on my rat truck. They will ultimately be on my Coronet but I like how they look. They are very reasonable in price too.

I'm running a 265/50/15 mastercraft on the back of my dart on 7" rims,with no leaf spring mods,don't know the back spacing.I have a set of M/T sportsman radials 26/10/15 I tried and know they would fit with different back spacing and if my rear axle was centered better.

-
Back