Pertronix igniter III D72000

-

67dartgtgo

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone's gotten the new pertronix igniter III, 4 pin module yet and what the verdict is.
I know trailbeast was waiting for one to be shipped but haven't heard of anyone receiving one.
Summit shows them shipping by 3/9 but you know how they are. They just keep pushing the date out if it's not available yet.
I really love the idea of the rev limiter and multispark in the stand alone module.

I have the Pertronix III RTR distributor and coil. 4 pin module? is that referring to the resistor or the ECU?

Lelo, sorry for the late reply but this one slipped my mind after I posted it. Go figure huh?
The 4 pin module stand alone ECU. You may have the same thing inside your distributor. Some of us have converted to HEI stand alone ignition systems and use the GM type 4 pin ECU's along with our electronic distributors. It's a bit cleaner in the engine bay, gives a better spark at the plug and allows elimination of the ballast resistor for full voltage running an e-core coil. Of course it's a matter of opinion but my ride seems to like it better than the stock orange box I had previously.

-
Back