PFTE fuel line and routing

-

Kenflo

Reaction score
Thinking of changing the fuel line on the Scamp to accommodate new Sniper EFI (winter project). Was wondering what you guys think of using PTFE stainless braided hose for the entire length of the fuel line? Also wondering what your thoughts are on running the fuel line in the engine bay on the upper passenger fender? On the Sniper set up it will be returnless using the 12-319 in tank fuel pump module. My current carb set up I ran 3/8 supply and 1/4 return copper nickel hard line and also a 1/4 PTFE stainless braided vent to charcoal canister. I attached a pic for reference of the current set up along passenger fender

36172B8B-C448-4DFF-8DD0-255CCEFC7089.jpeg

Why do you want to change it? Your current setup is fine- just cap the return line, then it's still there in case you ever want to change your setup again.

The PTFE will last longer than standard rubber-inside braided line, but why? I have had 1/2 aluminum line on my car for about 30 years with no problem, and I just bought another length to redo the full length braided line on my new car, that leaks like a sieve.
If you have steel 3/8 line , there is no good reason to replace it. If you have 1/4 or 5/16, I'd just upgrade to 3/8 steel.

-
Back