PG Classic Hood Scoop

-

Demon 408

Reaction score
Interesting... Do you have to drill the holes for the studs?

I had a set that I did not install and resold as I decided not to use scoops.

Yes you have to drill holes for the studs and no there is not a template.

The scoops looked good to me and my uncle who is a bodyman also agreed. You do however need the seals for the holes for fresh air if you decide to make them functional there is a member here who sells them on e-bay.

Or like I just got mine from yearone...real nice piece, cheaper in total too, $295.00. The shippin for that piece on ebay is $42 alone.

read the last post in the link I posted.

Hmm, well mine honestly looks identical to the PPG one posted in the ebay auction. I posted some pics a few days ago in general chat. I don't know seems like a nice and sturdy piece to me. I guess we will see when body time comes.

Also I just went to check to make sure and mine is pre-drilled with mounting studs already in it.

Sorry I mis-read that thinking if you had to drill holes in the hood not the scoop.

The scoop is 100% ready to rock as far as that goes, just install the studs holes are already drilled.

yes,i have mine cut out,but unless you want to cut into the underhood frame considerably,youll have to run a 10,or 12 in aircleaner,like the mopar cast unit.There is room for a 14 inch hole,but a 14 inch aircleaner will not fit a 14 inch hole,lol.If the engine were centered you could cut the hole big enough for it to work without getting in the hood frame,but they are not.I can post a pic or 2 of my hood thats cut out,its off the car right now though

I can post a pic or 2 of my hood thats cut out,its off the car right now though

Well, what are you waiting for Toby? :dontknow:

Aaron has the MP cast aluminum air cleaner, and we need to cut out his hood - Holley 4bbl on a 1" spacer and Mopar M1 intake is too tall. Do you have a seal around yours?

Jerry

yes,i have mine cut out,but unless you want to cut into the underhood frame considerably,youll have to run a 10,or 12 in aircleaner,like the mopar cast unit.

Yes, a pic would be helpful. I understand the issue with the hood frame, that was the part that I thought might cause a problem with air cleaner clearance. Have you placed the hood on the car and looked to see how much of the frame structure you would need to cut? I wonder if it's something a competent body shop could accomplish or if it will weaken the hood to much.

year one sells first place auto parts(FPAP) i got one and sent it back and told them to try again. the second one was better but not alot. the only thing you need to do is get the rear space right. the factory ones were 3" from the back edge of the hood, and it is really close.

-
Back