Pg Classic Rallye steering wheel question.

-

BigStrok3

Mopar!
Reaction score
I'm looking at the pg classic rallye steering wheel kit for 68-69. Trying to figure out what guys are using to mount the horn switch. On their website it lists that it mounts with a 3.5mm with 0.8mm thread pitch and I'm striking out finding these mounting screws. Does a guy have to re tap the holes for a different thread? Thanks.

Are you talking about the '260-69W Mopar 1966-69 A,B,C-Body Rallye Woodgrain Steering Wheel'?
I bought one for my 69 Barracuda, and it was a direct replacement. I did not need to do anything.
If that is not the wheel you meant, you'll need to be a bit more specific.

SW01.jpg

PG Classic has a sale going on, didn’t know if you knew.

IMG_5530.jpeg

Are you talking about the '260-69W Mopar 1966-69 A,B,C-Body Rallye Woodgrain Steering Wheel'?
I bought one for my 69 Barracuda, and it was a direct replacement. I did not need to do anything.

View attachment 1716130757
Yes that the one I'm looking at. So the horn switch bolted to the steering wheel with factory hardware? Are you overall happy with the steering wheel? Id like to put one in my 69 swinger 340 but seen where it mentioned it needed a metric bolt to mount the horn contact ring. I tried searching for the bolts it mentions and couldn't find anything online.

Screenshot_20230820_171125_Samsung Internet.jpg

View attachment 1716130757
Did you buy the whole kit or just the steering wheel?

I bought that wheel a couple years back. I had to buy the horn retainer deal but I don't think I had to do anything with the switch other than just mount it with the factory hardware.

I'm happy with it. It's not 100%. The thin metal strip that goes around the inner diameter of the wheel doesn't really seat into the wood perfectly all the way around but it's one of those deals that no one other than me would know about. I'll take that over buying a used one and spending hundreds more to get it restored.

Was that wheel even an option for the Swinger? My friends GTS had one.

Yes that the one I'm looking at. So the horn switch bolted to the steering wheel with factory hardware? Are you overall happy with the steering wheel? Id like to put one in my 69 swinger 340 but seen where it mentioned it needed a metric bolt to mount the horn contact ring. I tried searching for the bolts it mentions and couldn't find anything online.

View attachment 1716130761
I see what you are saying about the screw size. I seem to remember just taking the old one off and putting the new one on. It was only about a year ago. I am pretty sure that all the screws/machine bolts I took off the old wheel fit on the new one. I don't remember having to scrounge any new fasteners. I am very happy with it. plus, like @Car Nut said, there is a sale on now. I got mine during a similar 20% sale. And Monday, August 21st is the last day for the sale!!!!!
Did you buy the whole kit or just the steering wheel?
Just the steering wheel. I had a non-wood grain wheel with a good horn ring and button on it. I am very happy with it.

Check out the metric equivalents to standard fasteners. An M3.5 is equivalent to an SAE #6 machine screw. A number six actually measures out to 3.505 mm.

-
Back