Phoenix Specialty Coatings is NOT in Phoenix!

-

CudaChick1968

Leanna ~ The Mistress of Metal
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
It happened again yesterday .....
"Where in Phoenix is Kimery Store Road?? I've never heard of it before."
PSC is NOT in Arizona!!! The shop is very centrally located in northwest Tennessee about 20 miles south of the Kentucky border.

Just to clear up any confusion, Billy and I are relocated Katrina victims "rising from the ashes" and starting all over again, so that's why we named it Phoenix. Check out the "About Us" tab on the website for more of the story.

I had remembered reading your "about us" story and you mentioning that you were a Katrina survivor.

I think that your choice of names is quite fitting not only because of the new startin Tennessee but also with the conection of the powder coat paint and the flames or heat of the ovens. In my opinion the paint when in it's powder form looks just like ash (the blacks anyway), and you have flames that it takes to turn the parts into a work of art or a thing of beauty. Just like a phoenix rising from the flames and ashes some think it is a thing of beauty... did that sound sappy enough?

That being said I think you have a great name for you business, even though you are not located in Phoenix!!!:thumbup:

Where in Louisiana did you live before Katrina?

In Luling, about 25 miles west of New Orleans, in a house that was built in 1891. We weren't those people you saw on their rooftops on the news in all the flooding ... two tornadoes in ten minutes got us. Ripped off the roof tin one sheet at a time, and then 9 inches of rain poured in. By the time AIG finally sent an adjuster, 93 days had passed and it was all pretty much a big science experiment by then.

And Richie, you gave me goosebumps. Thank you!!!

So maybe i just missed it but what part of Phoenix are you in? :-D:-D:-D:-D:-D j/k Justin

I know where you were. I grew up in LaPlace and work in Norco. A shame an old house like that didn't survive because of the adjusters.

Glad you're doing well in re-starting your lives, but would have loved to see you here on the north shore.

Don't know where your from and don't care but if your the unit in the picture you can twist nuts,and bolts, in my shop anytime.

Yeah that's me.

Well Small Block, if this powder coating thing doesn't work out, it's good to know I have a fallback position at your place. The daily commute wouldn't be toooooo bad ... my shop's only 250 miles from you! LOL

Thanks for the kind words.

Either way "fallback" or "forward".
Hey Cuda chick: How far are you guys from Memphis? Beale street? We make the run several times a year on the bike. The wife and i would like to meet any of you any time there. It's about a 3 hr ride from the house. Oh by the way, I like the green better.

-
Back