Photos of FACTORY 69 Barracuda side stripe with engine call out?

-
I got mine from Dales Cuda Shop and were installed by a "Pro". He was concerned about the gas cap area only. They absolutely wrap around the edges everywhere and was evidenced on tear down on the front fender, both door sides {Front and rear} and the front rear quarter. Let me know if you need some more pic's!

You cannot use factory sales literature to determine correctness, these cars were cobbled together and may include details that do not match production.
The stripe on the car in the brochure was probably painted on and was probably changed for production reasons.

The best way to determine correctness are original unrestored cars.

Until I see both the Phoenix graphic and an original on a car (and not the brochure), I would hold off jumping on the Phoenix is wrong bandwagon.

Alan
How in the world do you come up with such silly unsubstantiated poppycock, and then repeat yourself? Have you ever owned an original 69 Barracuda? None of the two '69 A56's or my dad's Formula S were "cobbled" together. My dads Formula S had the "exact" door stripe that was on the brochure and my A56 had the "exact" stripes, callouts and hood scoops that are in the Chrysler release, and then conjecture that the stripe on the brochure car was painted on.

How in the world do you come up with such silly unsubstantiated poppycock, and then repeat yourself? Have you ever owned an original 69 Barracuda? None of the two '69 A56's or my dad's Formula S were "cobbled" together. My dads Formula S had the "exact" door stripe that was on the brochure and my A56 had the "exact" stripes, callouts and hood scoops that are in the Chrysler release, and then conjecture that the stripe on the brochure car was painted on.
I never said production cars were cobbled together, if you actually read what I said you would have seen I said that the car used in the brochures may have been cobbled together. There are numerous differences seen over the years in brochures between the car illustrated and the production cars. I stand with what was said and i would say it again. All to often you hear "but the car in brochure has xyz..."

Alan

No Sides here in the disagreements but the Factory brochure does show 383S fender emblems with the V6 sports stripe. Never came out that way! Only stripe delete or V7 got those. I believe the brochure does show the stripes correctly!

The picture of the Phoenix stripe posted in the first post (#1) shows it cutout at the door handle, the brochure does not appear to be this way. That detail has not been clarified (not necessarily asked). To say the brochure does show the stripe correctly implies this detail in the Phoenix graphic is wrong.

Alan

The picture of the Phoenix stripe posted in the first post (#1) shows it cutout at the door handle, the brochure does not appear to be this way. That detail has not been clarified (not necessarily asked). To say the brochure does show the stripe correctly implies this detail in the Phoenix graphic is wrong.

Alan

Agree,

And more.

IMG_2642.jpg

I never said production cars were cobbled together, if you actually read what I said you would have seen I said that the car used in the brochures may have been cobbled together. There are numerous differences seen over the years in brochures between the car illustrated and the production cars. I stand with what was said and i would say it again. All to often you hear "but the car in brochure has xyz..."

Alan
I stand corrected about the first sentence.

Last edited:
-
Back