Photoshop 17in rims on Duster

-

tyler1

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am considering buying these 17in rims for my duster. I was hoping to see if anyone has a picture of these wheels on a duster or the ability to photoshop them on the car. I have attached a picture of my car for reference. Any help would be appreciated!

American Racing : Heritage: VN501

IMG_0702.JPG

Well you can use the American Racing's little "preview on your vehicle" configurator thing to look at them on a Duster, although it's a later one

Screen Shot 2017-02-14 at 5.28.09 PM.png

The problem with the VN501's is that they're only offered off the shelf in a 0 offset rim for a 17x7 or 17x8, which will limit your tire choices. They have a 17x9 in a +12, but even that's not enough to go as wide as you should be able to. With a 17x7 or 17x8 and 0 offset in the front you're probably stuck with a 225/50/17 at the most. If you go to the 17x9 +12 then you could do a 245/45/17, but that would probably be about it and that might look a little stretched. 255 would be pushing your luck for fender clearance up front and that definitely wouldn't work if your lower than stock. In the back a 17x8 with a 255 would be easy, but again you'd be pushing your luck for a 275 and quarter clearance, it would depend on your ride height. Stock height might work, any lower than that wouldn't.

Here's a set on a black Challenger, the 0 offset works much better on an E-body...
rolandarv500.jpg

Last edited:
Man. Wheel selection is everything. Hard to believe you can have the nicest looking car and go bad or badazz with either a good or bad wheel selection. Then there seems to be a generation, a geographic, and a demographic thing to wheel selection opinions. Like if I said 15" Craiger's with raised white letters especially T/A radials. My bet, most could figure out an era pretty close. Or had I said 20" chrome spinners with white walls. In my opinion 17" and above just don't seem to make it on what we consider muscle cars. To much wheel, not enough tire. Muscle is meat and a rubber band for a tire doesn't "look" like strength, power, MEAT! Just an opinion. Go with what you like as long as it's not ugly.

Tire rack goes back to 1965 with an interactive view on some wheels on some cars and can change vehicle colors to match yours, close anyway.

Last edited:
I'm running 17 inch Coys (came with the car). They look like Torque Thrusts. I was going to go to Cragars but they grew on me.

DustDevl1.jpg

Beautiful duster! I think the key is ride height to the 17" and bigger wheels. Your selection looks like a nice choice for an updated look. I say do it!
17" coys
FB_IMG_1431053181122.jpg

Like if I said 15" Craiger's with raised white letters especially T/A radials. My bet, most could figure out an era pretty close. Or had I said 20" chrome spinners with white walls.
that doesnt describe a demographic, just if you have class or not
:poke:

Here's a quick photo hack. I'd call it photoshopped but that would be giving me too much credit. :p Should be relatively close, they looks smaller than my 18's and bigger than 15's while keeping the tire size relatively close-ish...
IMG_0702.JPG

Don't listen to the "big wheel" haters. There's pretty much nothing for street tires in a 15" rim that isn't a hockey puck. Only options with decent compounds are drag radials or dedicated autoX tires and neither are going to work well about 9 months out of the year on the street in most places. BFG T/A's are good for making smoke, but that's about it because they've got no grip. A /6 auto car with a pegleg 2.76 can spin a set of BFG T/A's with a little motivation. Sure, it might seem like you're going fast because you're always losing traction, but don't go head to head with someone that has real tires. In 1970, a '70 Hemi 'Cuda could put down a 0-60 of 5.8 seconds(motor trend, may 1970). Nowadays a bone stock 2015 V6 Mustang with factory tires can pull a 0-60 of 5.5 seconds (Car and Driver, August 2015). By modern performance standards these old muscle cars, in stock form, are pretty pathetic. And it starts at the tires.

Here's a quick photo hack. I'd call it photoshopped but that would be giving me too much credit. :p Should be relatively close, they looks smaller than my 18's and bigger than 15's while keeping the tire size relatively close-ish...
View attachment 1715018416

Don't listen to the "big wheel" haters. There's pretty much nothing for street tires in a 15" rim that isn't a hockey puck. Only options with decent compounds are drag radials or dedicated autoX tires and neither are going to work well about 9 months out of the year on the street in most places. BFG T/A's are good for making smoke, but that's about it because they've got no grip. A /6 auto car with a pegleg 2.76 can spin a set of BFG T/A's with a little motivation. Sure, it might seem like you're going fast because you're always losing traction, but don't go head to head with someone that has real tires. In 1970, a '70 Hemi 'Cuda could put down a 0-60 of 5.8 seconds(motor trend, may 1970). Nowadays a bone stock 2015 V6 Mustang with factory tires can pull a 0-60 of 5.5 seconds (Car and Driver, August 2015). By modern performance standards these old muscle cars, in stock form, are pretty pathetic. And it starts at the tires.

Thanks for the work! I enjoy the 15in look as well as the more modern rim and tire. I have been wanting to have the more pro-touring look lately. What is the most efficient want to drop the car an inch or two?

I love the stance on your car. Those wheels look great! What is your suspension and wheel set up?
Thanks, wheels are coys 17x7 front and rear drilled on 4" BC. 225/45/17 Front 235/55/17 rear. Stock suspension, rear sat low already and I adjusted the torsion bars to bring the front down.

-
Back