Picked this up today.

-

j-miller

Demonized by Dodge
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Not a big fan of Vette's but picked up this 1973 model I hauled for somebody. It is partially restored and all body work done.

untitled_detail.png

untitled0_detail.png

untitled1_detail.png

Well.... I must say I like the look of your Demon on the trailer much better!
But as far as Vettes go..... Its OK I guess.

I have always had a soft spot for Vettes. My uncle used to restore them, though his were much older. My step-mom had a 76 Stingray when my dad married her, and she earned infinite cool points in my book when she tossed the keys to a 17 year old me and told me she wasn't going to wait up, but to tell her all about it in the morning. Good score, and I hope you have fun with it.

No it's not mine,I was just transporting it for somebody else. The guy I hauled it for said he must have looked at about 40 Vette's until he found one he liked. Too me I don't care what I haul as long as there's green to be paid.

Good looking Vette ...... I have always liked the older Vettes up to 82 ......but I would take a viper over the vette anyday!!

Green is good j-miller :cheers:
Well, I have never owned one, but I have drove a few, never went to look at one for sale :coffee2: so I guess I have never had a hankering for one :D

I too don't have much hankering for them either Mike. Yeah they look nice but not my cup of tea. I'll eventually get to haul it again from storage to his house next summer.

No it's not mine,I was just transporting it for somebody else. The guy I hauled it for said he must have looked at about 40 Vette's until he found one he liked. Too me I don't care what I haul as long as there's green to be paid.

I gotcha now. Sorry, I misunderstood when you said you "picked this up today." I thought you meant "picked up" as in bought. My bad. I agree with memike, though. Green is good. I've seen too little of that lately, myself, but by all means do what you can to bring more in.

Those Vettes are fun to drive but totally suck to work on. They don't drive paticularly well but a neet looking old car. A friend of mine bought a 69 when it was just a few years old and still has it.

Those Vettes are fun to drive but totally suck to work on. They don't drive paticularly well but a neet looking old car. A friend of mine bought a 69 when it was just a few years old and still has it.

I like the looks of the older ones, especially the yrs when they had chrome bumpers but I agree 100% about how hard they are to work on and them not being the best driving cars. About 25 yrs. ago I worked at D&A Corvette, a Corvette restoration center near me. The pay was ok but I hated working on them so much I quit after 2 months and took a job at a local transmission shop for less money.

The one in the picture looks good in blue

I pulled the engine out of a friends 75 Vette and I agree, what a PITA

I do like them and the 73 was the 1st year for the rubber front bumper, still had the chrome rear.

Have always wanted a 61-62 vet remand maybe someday I will get one.

If I had a 2 nd choice would be mid 60 or early 70

Could have bought a 68 427 4 speed Vette for $2750 back in 1981 had a small block in it, but the 427 came with it, probably should have bought it, but had my 72 340 Challenger & 71 383 Cuda convertible at the time plus my 72 Chevy 4x4 car poor and laid off from Chrysler.

That will be a good looking car when done

Vette ? What color wasn't available in 1973 on a corvette but a special order of 30 got built?

-
Back