Picked up a 318 streetmaster for the 273, good or bad?

-

Torkmnstr

Reaction score
Hey fellas I am looking for a good 4 barrel upgrade for my puny single barrel manifold. I got this streetmaster to throw on, I know the ld4b is top notch but they are hard to acquire. My motor is a stocker just looking for a little more pep will this do the job? Thanks.

If it doesn't leak, and the ports line up, pretty much anything aftermarket would be an improvement over a stock 2bbl intake...performance wise. I think there were 2 LD4Bs in the classifieds just a couple days ago.

Believe it or not, a stock 340 4bbl intake is a pretty decent piece, minus the weight...but since you already have the new one...

yes. I had 1 on an old stock 318 with a carter 500 and dual exhaust , and from idle I could punch it and it did not hesitate and would rev

It is a good intake. Streetmaster. The name kinda says it.

I just realized he was talking about the old school Edelbrock intake--when I saw streetmaster I was thinking of that "new" brand name on eBay selling really cheap heads and intakes--whoops

Yup the old school street master. I saw those ld4b's I am not paying that much for em! I have a 600 Holley that I'm going to throw on there.

Also another great overlooked intake is the old Holley Street Dominator single plane. They lose almost nothing on the bottom end because of their design. They are usually cheap too, because people say "single plane, I'll pass" but they are GOOD.

In the mid 80's a buddy of mine had a stock 71 Cuda with a 318 and he put a streetmaster on it along with a 600 Holley and that little teen really woke up. He never ran it at the track but he did run it on our local back road 1/4 mile before and after and with the streetmaster it ran 7-8 mph faster.

Hey fellas I am looking for a good 4 barrel upgrade for my puny single barrel manifold. I got this streetmaster to throw on, I know the ld4b is top notch but they are hard to acquire. My motor is a stocker just looking for a little more pep will this do the job? Thanks.

Edelbrock 'Streetmaster 318' {#3275} Intake Manifold.
* Square-Bore Mounting Base.

Will make the 1968 '273' more responsive on the 'Low-End'.

Works well with an 'old-school' Carter AFB {500 CFM}.

Or a Holley 'Square-Bore' w/Vacuum Secondaries, like the 'old school'
#1849 {Model #4160} 550 CFM Carburetor.

Good 'Torque' improvement between {1400 to 4400 RPM's}.

I had a 66 cuda 273 commando and I thought the intake bolt bolts were vertical like magnums?

I had a 66 cuda 273 commando and I thought the intake bolt bolts were vertical like magnums?

New to me...? ^^^^ As for the Street master intake, works great for what it is. I love these on mild hydraulic cammed engines with small valve heads. I don't know how many people want to add bigger valves(I had to talk out of...) ,on a lower compression engine, that really don't need it.Intakes,same way.

-
Back