Picked up another car

-

khaley71

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Not an A-body but.....Picked up this Citron Yellow 71 Challenger today for $150. Has a few good parts left on it but pretty much a rust bucket. Thought it was a good deal.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 363
an E body for $150.00! That is a good deal no matter what shape it is in.

Nah I'm gonna strip off few parts that are good and junk the rest

Looks like a decent start for a backhalf race car

AMD makes everything to redo the body. if its got a clear VIN, you can make some money off it. I'd take a citron yellow 71

That is an awesome deal. I just found 2 online, omen that wants $2500 for one exactly like this one with no title and another that has a few more parts that the guy was asking $16k for it!!!! It was a total POS and I had to let the guy know he was ripping off people if he sold it for that. He told me that a 318 71 chally was worth his asking price. I laughed at him.

It would be a cool car to save. It has an August of 1970 build date, Citron Yellow paint, slant six auto on the floor....but to me it's to far gone. It literally needs every body panel starting at the front and moving to the back. Complete front clip, radiator core support, both fender aprons, firewall, floor pans, trunk pans, roof, torsion bar cross member and all 4 frame rails. Most of the stuff I took off was trim, door glass and rear windows, console brackets and shifter and the dash.

Tube chassis car :D

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

SLANT 6?! Too many guys toss history to the wind and yunk out the Slant-6 for a big block. Not many Slant-6 E-bodies were made to begin with. I'd give it a chance!

If the VIN and title good, and the frame isn't beyond repair, this can be a good project. The reproduction market is bigger now than it ever was and you can get almost anything you want for these cars at your finger tips!

Put it on eBay with no reserve (or heck, maybe $1000)...see what happens. If the title is clear...you might get it!

everybody's in a rush for you to sell this thing too make a quick buck.
let the guy enjoy looking at it for at least a week.

-
Back