Picking this up tomorrow

-

boosted

Life Needs Air
Reaction score
Has the leaning tower of power. Zero rust car running and driving and for the high price of $*&**. 1971 model slant 6 with a 904. So what is it worth running driving?

IMG_20230330_220523.jpg

IMG_20230330_220519.jpg

IMG_20230330_220517.jpg

Very cool !!!!
Prices for a bodies in the states seem much more reasonable than here in the Canader.
A bud bought a 67 dart sedan slant running for 6G’s 20 years ago!
Getin hard to find without rust!
Congratulations!

Does everything on it work?

Plans are an interior refresh, tune up with electronic ignition and leave the outside alone... Yea I dig those wheels... May add the dual scoops that where ont he 340 cars for looks...

have you been talking to my wife? I like how you decoded my $ amount.. But no it is way less than 2k
If you got that thing for less than $2k, you got a steal! Cleaned up and running, if it’s a rust free car, I’d say it’s MINIMUM a $5k car. Probably closer to $7k+

Put a 350 in it!

At least that's what half the guys that talked to me at the gas station said to do when I first got my SL6 Duster.

When I bought my Dad's Barracuda for a "good son price", the neighbor said put a hemi in it. :D

Well it was not rust free.... All the rust was free with the car. Outside body is great but needs a patch in the floor and trunk spare tire well. Front seats are from some foreign car... Gonna take a little work.. Runs and drives but will go through the brakes and carb to insure a good driver..

I will say as long as I own it there will be the leaning tower of power in it....
Dig the Flag! We're Flyin' one on the front of my girls deceased Brothers little truck.. I get a couple **** looks here and there but for the most part not really, man I used to buy cars like that running and driving for $300 $500 but that was over 30 years ago I'd say you scored a pretty doggone good right I don't know what you paid for it but that's a beautiful car and Slants are killer man! Great Find!

I tried to blow up my super 6 in my 76 dart… couldn't do it.
Great score even with rust!
You can fix it.
I like the idea of leavin the leaner in there, put some gears in the back and the shitlookers can eat it!
Great car!!!

You can fix it.
I like the idea of leavin the leaner in there, put some gears in the back and the shitlookers can eat it!
Great car!!!
Agree! I still think he needs an actual ax handle for the uneducated

You can fix it.
Great car!!!
I actually killed a slant in one of the 73 Dusters I had I the 90s, going from Tampa to Jacksonville was right outside of my grandma and grandpa's place about 10 miles south on 75, I figured out it was the dipstick tube leaking (the next morning when it was too late) motor shut down, exhaust manny cherry red.. letter cool down fired it up drove a little while that car never ran again that I know of! I used every part I could to resurrect my 63 Dart GT ( that was sitting at Grandma and Grandpa's) my grandfather told me I'd need to take a sick of Dynamite to get that car to run, I told him my band's name is Blasting Cap and there's half us here! Grabbed a couple Brews, carburetor, starter, distributor, plug wires, plugs, little bit of Grandma's brass oil pump squirt can un the holes, fluid check, any part that would unbolt (alternators, belts, etc) within a few hours I was on the road! I drove the car there and left been sitting for 10 years it wasn't disabled I just figured if I could take stuff off the running car (that was running before I killed it).... Drove that thing back down to Tampa, and then drove it back and forth to Orlando, for work, with a friend of mine that died of Cystic fibrosis. GOD REST Grandma, Grandpa, and Brother Lil Jay! Only time I've ever seen a slant six go. She didn't lose nothing she just seized up, Cars Fate? The DAY we buried Grandma, my uncle (***) made me sell it, 35 bucks, cause He wanted it outta My Grandma and grandpa's place. So he could sell. Typical Dem...Car was Mint! Except for the /..... sorry for the rant and the ***** process... sometimes you got to just let it go but it helps to get it off your chest I guess my apologies everyone

Last edited:
-
Back