Picking up an old Bracket car. Have some questions

-
Here is another little bit of Nostalgia I found under the carpet in the back.

I just figured I would post an update. I am still waiting for a track day to open up. I have not made any alterations to the car yet as u want to run it as is before I do anything to it. I may have been persuaded to do a burn out in front of my house by my neighbor. I won't confirm or deny it lol. Can't wait to run it!

I was planning to have the car out at March Meet but unfortunately other obligations and lack of funds have pushed it back. The revised plan is to run a test and tune at the beginning of April and run the ANRA series this year. I have been hesitant to start changing anything on the car as I really want to baseline it the way it sits. Today I decided to clean it out as the previous owner had some stuff sitting in the car. The carpeting is junk so I removed it. The wiring around the MSD and everythig else was a mess. I decided to spend the afternoon cleaning that up. Here are some pictures.

DSC_0357_zps3yo4uwbt.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] this is before

Found some cool vintage decals and memorabilia in the glove box.
DSC_0354_zps7f5v0nrd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Years ago I had a Formula s 340 car had front 10 inch drums that were drilled for wide pattern 4.5. It worked but the faster I went the more they made me nervous. There a lot of material left from the edge of thread to edge of axle flange less than an 1/8 of an inch. I went Wilwood.

The car actually looks pretty good coming from the late 70s to early 80s. I bought a few from then, bolt in rollbars that didn't fit then were stick welded. Lots of burn through and slag. Yours looks like they cared. Nice car. Get it running safe and run it like it was. Nice vintage piece.

I really like that era of bracket cars. Thumbs up !!

The front wheels are small bolt pattern 14 inch by 6 wheels. Not sure on manufacturer. Rear tires are 15 inch on big bolt pattern wheels. I believe they are 10 inch wide rims. Tire size on rear is 13 x 31 r15

As far as the roll bar, it is too small of diameter tubing. It was legal when it was put in during the mid 70s. I can either remove it and put a legal bar or add to it to make a cage. The tube diameter is legal for cage. I probably won't worry about it until I start getting close to 11.49

DSC_0360_zpswrycpuzc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] here is one more with it all cleaned up and put away.

My suggestion would be get a NHRA rulebook and also a track rule book from wherever you are going to run. Make sure all the General and safety issues are addressed and you should be ok. Years ago when my Son and I first built our Bracket car the first night we had a couple minor issues but were allowed to run any way with the promise it would be corrected next time.

The front wheels are small bolt pattern 14 inch by 6 wheels. Not sure on manufacturer. Rear tires are 15 inch on big bolt pattern wheels. I believe they are 10 inch wide rims. Tire size on rear is 13 x 31 r15

sweet, thanks

they look great on it

I would buy new quarters and fix the hack job on the rear wheel openings. Other than that is a cool car...

-
Back