pics of 68 barracuda dash bezel needed

-

freshayr

Reaction score
Does anybody have any pictures of a 68 barracuda dash bezel? I would like to know what that color around the guages is supposed to be. thanks

freshayr said:
Does anybody have any pictures of a 68 barracuda dash bezel? I would like to know what that color around the guages is supposed to be. thanks

Ask and thou shall receive.....:thumleft:

dashboard1.jpg

dashboard2.jpg

dashboard3.jpg

Chit, I don't know John:-s I can post pics from my computer at work but it won't work with this one at home, I don't know... friggin drives me nuts:mad:

BuzzardBoys68 said:
Here's a link to a guy's resto journal; pretty decent info , all in all.

http://www.jefframin.org/restoJournalMar2002.shtml

Many moons ago I belonged to the Barracuda Owners Group but I grew tired of 50-75 e-mails a day with such insightful messages as " I agree...." refering to a previous e-mail. It was a horrible system.....

I remember when Jeff was re-doing his dash way back when. While it looks pretty good, there's some new product out there that may be used.

As we all know, restoring a Mopar costs about 80% more than Ford's or Chevy's due to the limited demand. Re-chroming a dashboard can cost $400.... or more. We have options. If your restoring a rare car, go for the correct method and give Mr. G's a pay check or two. But for the rest of us working class slobs we can get very impressive results for cheap. There's a product out there called Alclad II that get's air brushed over a base coat of gloss black that produces an unbelievable chrome-like finish! This product came about through the model building guys who wanted a cost-effective alternative to chroming model parts. I've seen it up close in person and it looks fantastic! There's also plastic polishing kits that will restore the clear dash gauge lenses like new too. It's a progressively finer-grit sanding system that yeilds incredible results.

Do a hobby shop search and look for Alclad II or Detail Master polishing kits.

http://www.alclad2.com/alclad-home.html

-
Back