Pics of Cal-Tracs

-

Dusterb318

Reaction score
Looking for some pics of Cal-Tracs installed on cars with Stock springs in the stock location.....got any? Also does the front pivot go on the out side of the hanger or inside?

This is onehellofadart's picture.

attachment.jpg

Tony...the pivot goes on the outside of the spring hanger on the dtock set-up correct?

Thanks Tony....read through that a lot.....I think it does by the looks of that pic....the main reason is that I am going to run them with my poly bushing in the spring for a while....until I have the cash for the mono leaves....

Tony did you switch to the solid spring eye bushing? I'm thinking that with the stock Mopar Springs and in the stock location they go on the outside...but with the relocation kit that go inside......

I'm thinking there might not be enough room for the pivot with the stock hanger.....

onehellofadart said:
I do remember that the inside bolt head had to be ground down for clearance.

This leads me to believe they are mounted on the outside.
Again though I will have to check.

yep i have that downloaded and printed off....I was going to make my own but after pricing the steel and GOOd HEAVY heim joints it's not worth making them for what Calvert is selling them for.......Thanks for the link OldVart :thumblef:

I picked up some good heavy heim joints for a really good price, and I have the heavy wall pipe and lots of flat steel pieces laying around, so I'm going to try making my own. If you have to fork out the cash for the good heims and then all the metal, you're right, you might as well buy them. Good luck and keep us posted on the installation once you get everything.

Yeah I have some stuff laying around here but nothing that I'd feel comfortable to build those out of......I thought about doing them just to say I built them and have the satisfaction of building them myself......but I got a good price on a set and I'm running short on time......I was gonna pick up another set of the bottom spring/shock mount plates to use for the home made bars so i wouldn't be welding ont he stock ones.....I might try and write up a little something for installing them...we'll have to se if I get that amitious.

okay...well I'll have to wait until I get mine to see if that will fit with the poly bushing.....if not I'll install the solid one....no biggie just a couple extra steps.....

-
Back