pics of darts/ valiants with SS springs

-

mshred

The Green Manalishi
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Im thinking about putting some SS springs on my 71 scamp which is minitubbed, but im not too sure how the stance would look once they are on....i dont want to end up using lowering blocks after, so I am interested to see what your darts/ valiants look like with the SS springs on them....I have seen lots of dusters and cudas with them, but not many darts, so post away if you a dart/valiant with SS springs8)

come on lets see em guys....i know theres gotta be some of you racers with em

Here you go. I want to put a little taller tier on the front. That and I could crank the T/bars up a little. That should help level the car a little. But just a little. I like the racked look.

023.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

they look good guys....may i ask you guys which SS springs for the abody you are running? anybody else out there with SS springs on their darts/valiants post away

ss is the way to go if u get them u will like the ride the look and the hook....oo2 oo3 is the num 4 a.body

here's mine...hope a duster is ok.

weddingPictures078.jpg

here is when I first bought it last year. no motor or anything in it. but it shows the stance a bit.

dartparts013.jpg

did you guys weigh your cars before you decided which springs to go for, or did you just guesstimate? also, anybody else out there with the SS springs, please post some pics if you got some ( i know 496dart has SS springs on his car and his car looks killer from the pics ive seen....so post some please 496dart lol)...i know there is more of you with them, so show what ya got!

I'm running the 002-003 3000lb springs on mine
=====================================================
Can somebody tell me where to buy them!

I'm running the 002-003 3000lb springs on mine
=====================================================
Can somebody tell me where to buy them!

I got mine from Mancini Racing. Depending on what the car has on it now, You'll need to drill out the hole in the hanger and buy a larger bolt (5/8") I think, to mount the SS springs- they use larger bushings in the front.

This one has SS spring from Mancini on in. The 2800 ones I believe.

l_a22dc24afc7016cfcaae3bee3f1f7f62.jpg
[/IMG]
Here is the other one.
l_056670d4dc0f6cbae947db74a30e3fec.jpg

yes, with ss you will need to drill out the hole...and you can also get them from a mopar parts department

my car is a 71 scamp with a 340/727/8-3/4 but im not sure of the weight of it....should i buy heavier ones to be on the safe side, or should i go with lighter ones? (like 2800lbs)

If you have old ss springs,how can you tell?Is there a part number stamped on them or something?My 71 dart sits high in the rear,wich is fine,but it made me wonder if it already has ss springs.I also bought a used set,that were suppose to be ss springs,but they are rusty.

this might sound stupid guys, but what do you mean by flip the fron hangers?

When the mount is in the factory stock location the through
bolt is lower to the groung. When it is flipped the through bolt
hole is about 2 in. higher up in the frame. This in turning it
will lower the car. Easy done. you just have to elongate the
mounting holes to the rear frame.

Mine has mopar performance ss springs. I had to also drill out front hanger hole. (my car has 8 3/4 out of either b or e body can't remember off top of my head that is why tires stick out a bit) A guy i work with has a 72 demon he put the ss springs in but then took them out because with factory rallye wheels it did not fill in wheel well enough

123.jpg

-
Back