Pics of my project I have been irritating everybody about.

-

Dragonbat13

Reaction score
Well, here it is! Aint she a beaut!

The car is at my farm, so I have to pull the engine/tranny/Kframe to work on it at home. Gonna get everything up to par at once and then put it back in. I already have most of the parts I want to use so I am hoping it wont take too long to get it back on the road. It was on the road three years ago. Lost title got it! But I got the scoop on how to get another one in Louisiana so its back on the front burner, at high heat!

All that is holding it in in that pic is the four bolts to the K frame. I didnt have a socket, well I lost it. And while looking for it, a rainstorm came in and shut me down. Hope to get it out next weekend.

Actually a cool car. It has purple paint under the black primer. But the engine bay is that burnt orange color, and I think thats the original. Its a white interior car, and it has AC, remote review mirror, and rear window defrost. Dont know about any other options.

The door tag says it was built may of 73.

way cool, what color is it going to end up? Black would look great!

That is one tough parking spot for working on it. Any chance of moving it over asphalt or concrete?

Nice Project.
Best way to tell the factory color is to decode the fender tag
I am fairly certain they didnt have burnt orange in 73 and know they didnt have Plum Crazy in 73
Here is a paint chart of the colors plymouth offered in 73

Attachments

• 1973 2.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 262
That is one tough parking spot for working on it. Any chance of moving it over asphalt or concrete?

I am just removing the drivetrain there. Once the car is running it will be in my driveway to work on. I am also going to work on the drivetrain in the driveway.

way cool, what color is it going to end up? Black would look great!

I am considering black, but until I figure out if the body is going to take ungodly amounts of work to get it straight, I am going to paint it Beige. Either way its gonna get black cop wheels with either chrome lugnuts or the holed dogdishes I have for them.

Your socket may be in that big puddle. Or are you about to fall in a swamp. LOLl.

looks like you need to swap out the k frame & suspension for an outboard & pontoons lol

LOL,

Fortunatly that spot is actually part of a runoff and it dries quick. Anybody from Louisiana can attest to the rainstorms around her and how the ground reacts to it. One minute dry as a bone, next minute hip waders!

Ill tell ya, If I could throw a clear coat that could be removed later for a real finish, I would just go with that look in the pic. Its only got a little surface rust, and I could put something on that to stop it.

-
Back