Pics of tail pipes under a 340 67,8,9 Barracuda

-

johnnycuda

JohnnyCuda's 68
Reaction score
I will be changing my fuel cell for the stock tank.
I have to remove my tail pipes as they are in the way of where the stock fuel tank goes. I believe mine were ran toward the center of the rear on the wrong side of the shocks.
Thanks in advance

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

No pic but I did just walk out and have a look. The pipes come over the rear on the outboard side of the shock and run basically straight back.

If yours are inboard of the shock they will not work at all. That space is occupied by the stock tank.

Not a great pic but stock location 3 inch exhaust. Like formulas340 says needs to be outboard of shocks and runs straight back under frame rail.

Attachments

• P7110055.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 356
Thanks, Exactly what i thought now i have to redo the tail pipes after i get the tank in.
I'm hoping i can maybe salvage the pipes as 3 inch pipes are not cheap.
it almost looks like they switched the left with the right.

No pic but I did just walk out and have a look. The pipes come over the rear on the outboard side of the shock and run basically straight back.

If yours are inboard of the shock they will not work at all. That space is occupied by the stock tank.

Here is a picture that might help.

Attachments

• Duster Tailpipes.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 346
One more thing to clutter it up a bit....the 67 fuel tanks mount with a single strap that goes under the tank side-to-side. The 68-69 tanks have double straps that go front-to-rear. Seems to me I remember that the 67 single cross strap creates problems when adding a passenger side pipe.

Original Look
Robs68rear.JPG
If you are trying to an original look, get the correct shorter 68-69 tips. If you are going more custom, there are some nice A-body stainless tips out there.
exhaust9.jpg
Custom stainless tips.

-
Back