picture needed: stock black wheels with dog dish and beauty rings

-
You already have the 15" on 4" bolt circle pattern? not real common....I like the black with chrome lug nuts look, and maybe a chrome bearing dust cap.

No, I have 15 on 4.5. I convertered the from to 74 discs and a 80's 8.25 SG in the back.

All my buddies are baggin on me for putting black wheels on my car, they said i should have color matched or silver. But my a buddy of mine says hes got some 14in beauty rings that would make it even better. I really like the look of my car with a thin white wall and dog dishes. Not sure if i would like the beauty rings or not. Any of you have pics with the same setup?

20121017_165530.jpg

Nice looking Valiant! To me it looks great as is. I'm not a big fan of beauty rings unless they came factory on a car. I do like the body color painted wheels but I think your car looks great as is.

black wheels with dog dish caps started in 71. Before that they were body color.

YES AND NO! Actually a black car would have black wheels with poverty caps!!!! Someday this will be back to original 14 x 5.5 black factory wheels, bias tires and poverty caps..........2 pics....1st is now.....2nd is back when original.

Attachments

• 383-S blk-tan-red 018.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 208
  • 383-S blk-tan-red 046.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 172
All my buddies are baggin on me for putting black wheels on my car, they said i should have color matched or silver. But my a buddy of mine says hes got some 14in beauty rings that would make it even better. I really like the look of my car with a thin white wall and dog dishes. Not sure if i would like the beauty rings or not. Any of you have pics with the same setup?

20121017_165530.jpg
That looks very good the way it is, beauty rings would look terrible IMO.

Go to Pep Boys,buy 2 rings and install on drivers side,keep reciept.Drive for a couple days and then decide if your going to buy 2 more or return 2.Simple.Guzzi Mark

I'd say White letter tires and dog dish hub caps only . Looks great on my '64 Dart GT ! A body Joe is that you makin sure that tire is round in that one pic ? Thats great !!

-
Back