picture post attempt

-
Ok, so I finally got the pics to upload of my project. She's not much but she's mine. She is mostly intact with only a few emblems missing. The front fenders on both sides will need to be replaced along with the hood eventually because the PO said that the hood latch broke on him while he was driving and the hood flew open. It did some damage to the fenders and the corners of the hood. Also ripped out the hood hinge on the drivers side and it was "welded" in place. It will need some serious body work, and I'm not a body man. Other than that, this is the car that has given me all of my timing, starting issues. I've already replaced all the brake hardware and next in line is to get her back to running again and also to replace with newer double well master cylinder and hard line run the back from the MC and then split the front out of the junction block. Floor pans were kind of replaced previous to my getting her. I have plans for her, but nothing extraordinary. I'm going to get her running and stopping safely and then I plan on just fixing her up as I go along as money will permit (which won't be much). I will be replacing shocks and getting the leaf springs rebuilt here in Nashville. after getting her timed and running, i'll have to work on getting the throttle and gas pedal fixed. So, lucky you guys that I figured out how to upload pics...haha.

With the exception of the for sale sign that is a very good looking car

From what I can see from the pics, it looks like a 64-65 Valiant, with a 66 Cuda front clip

tell me more about my front clip. Which part makes it look that way?

Thanks for the replies. The for sale sign was in it when I brought it home and my daughter wanted to take the sign out of the window, so it was waiting on her to remove it. The title says 65 valiant.

tell me more about my front clip. Which part makes it look that way?

The fender mount turn signal indicaters are 66 Cuda only. The grill is 66 vailant or Cuda, can't tell for sure which from the picture. On the Valiant the part of the grill, that goes around the headlights is light weight "tin". On the Cuda it is cast metal. The front fenders don't have a second "crease" below the body line, on your car (66 fender). The 64 and 65 had the "crease" (different angle between the two years).

The complete front clips will interchange between the 64,65,66 cuda and valiant, and I'm pretty sure the Dart, also.

thanks for the info. That might be helpful to find some fender panels and hood later down the road w/ a few more options. The only strange thing that I saw under the hood was the steering box bracket looked like it had been cut and welded up from another vehicle. I guess that would make sense.

-
Back