Pictures of a 71 Duster 340

-

67valiant 100

go fast or go home
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture of a '71 Duster 340, bright red, white vinyl top, black 340 sided strip and black interior? If so post a picture of it or one. I was out in drivers ed today in the middle of no where and saw one just like this rusting away in the front yard of someones house, all original, and nearly crapped myself when I saw it. To bad i don't remember where it is exactly but it looked real sharp and I think it even had the black out hood treatment with the 340 wedge on it. It look to still even have the shark tooth grill in it.

P.S. Does anyone know how many red with white vinyl top and black interior 340 Dusters were made? Thanks.

Come on........nobody has a picture of a red 340 duster with white vinyl top? I think I might have figured out where it is. I'm going with my father on turkey day to see if I can find it.

Does anyone have a picture of a '71 Duster 340, bright red, white vinyl top, black 340 sided strip and black interior? If so post a picture of it or one. I was out in drivers ed today in the middle of no where and saw one just like this rusting away in the front yard of someones house, all original, and nearly crapped myself when I saw it. To bad i don't remember where it is exactly but it looked real sharp and I think it even had the black out hood treatment with the 340 wedge on it. It look to still even have the shark tooth grill in it.

P.S. Does anyone know how many red with white vinyl top and black interior 340 Dusters were made? Thanks.

Hey Valiant, I'm right in Newburgh!, This is the closest pic I have except it has a black vinyl top. (Pic is from an old ebay ad) I do remember a red Duster 340 with faded wedge hood on it that was neat the golf course on Route 9W in Middlehope a few years ago...Need pix!

Attachments

• !B3eKcn!B2k~$(KGrHqR,!iQE)q92mvgGBMmU,-N-n!~~_3.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 286
  • !B3eKbugBWk~$(KGrHqZ,!hIE)7wZ86hKBMmU,6W+ng~~_3.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 285
Hey I never knew you were right in Newburgh! I deffinetly plan on pictures if I find it again. By the way, have you ever heard of a place called Empire Mopars? There literally 1/2 mile from the main stretch in Newburgh over in New Windsor.

Small world! I've heard of Empire and have always thought of going to check it out for some small parts but just haven't gotten thier. I did see one car they built at Musclepalooza the Turbo Dart, an excellent peice of workmanship. Lou
http://www.empire-mopars.com/

Ya that twin turbo Dart is crazy! John (the owner) had it painted with a 120 different skulls down EACH side. My dad did all the body work on that '71 'Cuda convertible. He is now working on a '69 Charger. My Valiant came from there. My father and I haven't been there in a month tho.....we work on Saturdays. You should stop by one of these days to say hello and tell John or Pat that Charlie sent you.

Thanks Charlie, I'd love too see the shop! I will do that.

-
Back