Pictures please of your carpet 1966 Valiant....+

-

FURY440

Reaction score
Can someone post a few pictures of your carpet in your 66 Valiant 2 door. Looking for pictures of how the carpet is mounted right inside the door between the seats and sill plates. I might be missing a piece of trim, but not sure. When I purchased the car it didn't have carpet in it. Thank you.

Last edited:
Can someone post a few pictures of your carpet in your 66 Valiant 2 door. Looking for pictures of how the carpet is mounted right inside the door between the seats and sill plates. I might be missing a piece of trim, but not sure. When I purchased the car it didn't have carpet in it. Thank you.
You might be missing the sill plates

You can see them (2 pieces per side) in this pic if you look closely
left pic has the outer (just a 90 degree bent plate) and the right pic shoes the shaped piece that goes on the inside to hold the carpet and cover wires and Windlace. I can take a pic of them out of the vehicle later tonight after I get off work.
l
!BUQy8OgB2k~$(KGrHgoOKiEEjlLmgM5VBKMnfTq(N!~~_12.jpg
6 dart seats.jpg

Thank you very much. I'm missing the inner still plate cover in the second picture. The other 90 degree bent plate I have, but not the other. Now I have to search around to find a good set. Would be helpful if you could take the pictures out of the car or closer up. Thanks again.

Thank you very much. I'm missing the inner still plate cover in the second picture. The other 90 degree bent plate I have, but not the other. Now I have to search around to find a good set. Would be helpful if you could take the pictures out of the car or closer up. Thanks again.
here they are
20170413_184011.jpg
20170413_184037.jpg
20170413_184051.jpg

What you need are called carpet holdowns.
Layson's has nice reproductions available.
And I have a used set if you don't want new.

My lord,..when I purchased the car the trunk had a lot of parts in it and I put them in my basement. I went down to the basement last night and sure enough there was the the carpet holddowns!! At least I have them. Thanks again for the help. I hate getting old,...I forget things I do sometimes and what I have in parts,..LOL.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist when I saw your request for '66 Valiant carpet pictures. This doesn't answer your question regarding carpet fitment at the sill plates, but I thought some of the younger generation might like to see what my '66 340-powered Valiant looked like my senior year of high school in 1973. Yes, that is yellow shag carpet; it cost me $10 at a remnant store. There was no such thing as Dynamat, Boom Mat, Lizard Skin, etc., so I just coated the floor with about a quart of roofing tar, waited a couple of days for it to harden, and glued down the carpet. The kick panels were in bad shape, and I had plenty of carpet, so yes, of course I carpeted those also! The younger crowd might not recognize that large device protruding from the center of the dash--that is a Teac cassette player, which qualified as a state of the art stereo system in '73. You can also see that the driver's side arm rest is missing. I yanked it off trying to slam the door closed following a couple of hard runs; lots of body twist with no frame connectors and significant sheet metal surgery for the fenderwell headers. Ah, those were the days--a low 12-second car for under $2,000--with yellow shag carpet.

20170423_223901.jpg

-
Back